Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

New orange tree

Hi all, I've just got myself a dwarf orange tree (Calamondin) at about 15 cm, it's the first time I've purchased a fruit tree so I would appreciate any advice. I'm looking to repot in to a slightly bigger pot and assume I will need to get some good soil and im trying to learn about fertilising the tree soil but I'd like to keep this tree completely organic. I've seen a few things such as fish meal, seaweed extract, worm castings etc (want to avoid manure as it's going to be an indoor tree. Any tips and product suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks, Jason

• Thanks for your reply and tips ill have to do some research on that soil but I'm definitely looking for something organic.

By autumn mulch does that mean take a clump of soil out and replace it with fresh soil? Also have you heard of any organic fertilisers that I could use to feed it?

As it's so small I doubt i will get any fruit for a while, I'm going to look in to exactly how to prune it to see if it needs doing yet.
  • That sounds good the decorative pot I have is a big bigger so it will have room for some fresh compost .

I'll take a look when I next go to the garden centre to see what they offer I actually got mine from amazon.co.uk it was packaged really well here's a photo:
  • Okay that's good, it's lovely I'm really happy with it, was only 14.99 image