Start a new thread

1 to 14 of 14 replies

Hi to the great and wise 

Found this growing in a bed and don't know what it is. If you could assist with identification that would be super. Pics below:

Many thanks x 

Hey Panda

Small and unwise here

It's a weed, bird's eye. annual, not serious but seeds a lot

Knew you'd know Nut! 

And you are great and wise 

Also called speedwell.

Thanks Ceres  That I have heard of!

Germander speedwell? Lovely out in the countryside; perhaps not in your garden Panda

Isn't germander speedwekll the perennial one?

I don't remember it last year. The flowers are pretty. Will hoik out though if we think it's invasive as the last plant I left (columbine) has gone mental, and I wish I'd got rid of it last year!

I wish I had Aquilegias (columbines) randomly self seeding in my garden! I planted a few a couple of years ago and haven't seen them since 

You make a valid point Mike. I am by no means a prissy gardener with neat soil round each plant, but I do need some room for those I've bought. I do like the wee blue flowers though so they'll probably stay for a while 

They have a very short season and they're a lovely blue.

Eradication would be near impossible for me so I've decided to like them.

What did 'Nut' identify it as? Not sure how this Forum works, as the replies do not always show up.  I'm probably missing something, as a relative newcomer.

I have been fighting a battle with Speedwell in my lawn and borders for years and feel I have just got on top of it, however now I am taking on the fight against the dreaded Hairy Bittercress.