London (change)
Fri 12°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 6°C
4 messages
19/02/2012 at 14:54

made a decision to use all the seeds and bulbs i have saved before i buy any new ones this year...so far have planted ...

red onions

miniature violas

aquilegias

nasturtiums

cornflowers

alliums

have also divided and planted

ice plant

fuchsias

choc cosmos

but then i saw some lovely campanulas in Lidl yesterday in white and purple and tis the time of year to divide them...

might have to spend a few quid tomorrow

19/02/2012 at 23:24

im always saying ill use what ive got first, but like to buy to grow different annuals/perenials for customers, did my own garden design last summer;

gailardia/callendula/rudbeckia/coreopsis/cosmidium/dahlias/gazania/knophia/lupins

a show of colours and shades blending together some of these plants had 4-5 different names. ive taken some pics on facebook

20/02/2012 at 12:21

seeded a variety of lettuce and micro herb in a small 'greenhouse' but there wasnt enough light and the seedlings now have long white stalks about 8cm long, some are weak and starting to lean over but I have now put them in a well lit position...are the stems going to be able to hold the growing leaves?

Ron
25/02/2012 at 08:54

It's nice to receive free seeds with your garden mag. but I could now open a seed shop!  I too have decided not to buy any this year. OK they don't all germinate but I simply sow extra.

email image
4 messages