Start a new thread

1 to 9 of 9 replies

Dovefromabove

A couple of years ago Nut gave us these plants when they were quite small - she did tell me what they were - but  I can't find where I wrote it down - I've got a 'species delphinium' in my head but that's all 

Nut, do you remember, or if you're busy this week, (and I suspect you may be ) does anyone else know what they are?

Dovefromabove

Just bumping this up in the hope that Nut .......... or someone ............. sees it .............. 

nutcutlet

Hi Dove, busy but nearly there, just an odd bit of weeding and a few cakes to go.

You're right with the delpinium, it's D. staphisagria. Self seeding annual or biennial

Dovefromabove

Thanks Nut .......... I think these self-seeded from before last ... they're looking amazing this year.  Thanks. 

I hope all goes wonderfully at the weekend  - you've certainly picked your weather ........ we had vague plans of travelling to the in-laws this weekend and popping in on  your Open Garden, but my dodgy knee has sabotaged my plans by dropping me unawares in the middle of a clump of Hesperis matronalis ... the knee's not too bad but I've a badly sprained ankle ........... so pee'd off I can't tell you! 

And the Hesperis is looking .................. wrecked! 

nutcutlet

That's bad Dove but at least it wasn't a patch of stinging nettles 

Advertisement

Dovefromabove

As I said to Obelixx ......... are you inferring that my garden is full of stinging nettles ??? ............ well, maybe one or two ...........

nutcutlet

you need some for the butterfly larvae 

Dovefromabove

I know .......... but there's never been any in this garden ............ but plenty in the SSSI  woodland across the way