Start a new thread

121 to 140 of 429 replies

diggingdoris

Favourite 'C's' caryopteris, coreopsis,(bloom for ages) and couldn't live without my clematis' or ceanothus. Then onto 'D's' all forms of dianthus family.

nutcutlet

As long as someone tells me where we've got to I'll be OK. I'm an old woman who wasn't that bright in the first place

C for ceratostigma. Both wilmottianum and griffithi. Both brilliant blues for ages.
I must agree with nut....not really sure where we really are on this
Fairygirl

Nut- plenty bright-I'm losing track too!

Dianthus for me too- got a metal pot with shocking pink ones in it- love it 

Salino

...time for E' and F's then,...? 

My favourite Epimedium is 'rubrum', such gorgeous leaves.  The other I grow is called 'Frohnleiten', which has little yellow flowers.  I cut the foliage off in Spring, few days ago like you do with Hellebores, in time for the flowers to show... unfortunately I do find 'Rubrum' a bit difficult and it has disappeared on me in the past.   So far it has not shown up again as yet, - it doesn't like me

... yet I like it so much...   I live in hope...

don't grow many Fuchsia's... but this is one I usually grow each year...'Display'..

I like it very much... I hope you do, as well

Advertisement

nutcutlet

I have a bright pink Epimedium which needs IDing. I'll post when it flowers. 

The pic is Eryngium planum with one of the horned poppies

The moth is an Early Thorn

FloBear

I love Eschscholzias - Californian poppies. They are good tempered, tough, have lovely ferny foliage and a brilliant splash of colour. And their little pixie-hats that pop off before the flowers open, make me smile.

E for echinaceas and eryngiums, ESP Jade Frost
diggingdoris

Erigeron glaucus is a favourite. I know it grows everywhere once you've got it but it's so dainty and I love the shades of pink turning to white. Mind you I am a daisy nut, and another fav is Esther Reed- Leucanthemum really, so I'm cheating.!

artjak

Nutcutlet, I love that Eryngium planum

nutcutlet

It is nice artjak but I'm beginning to think it didn't survive the wet summer and the long cold winter. I shall have to find some seeds.

Matty2

I love Echinops -They buzz with bees on their globe flowers and add height to a boring border.  The blue is vivid though the leaves can be very rough. If cut down you after flowering there can be a second flush in the autumn.

Fairygirl

Nut-everyone's admiring the plants but the moth pic is stunning!

And I've always disliked moths because they invaded my bedroom as a child-big ones with horns and allsorts!

Euonymous Alata, Euphorbias and Elaeagnus 

nutcutlet

I love moths. We run moth traps here in the summer and get some amazing species. Some you'd never see without trapping.

nutcutlet

F is for fritillary

meleagris, imperialis and silver washed

Advertisement

Matty2

Well it has to be fuchsia. Both hardy and blousey, but I haven't any pics except off Mr Google. Only just rekindling my interest.

The potty gardener

F- Got my first Fritillary this year, love them. Fuchsia, have a few bush and some to do a basket, also now just starting to do a standard, with the help of Brumbull.

FloBear

Fritillaria meleagris - definitely in my top 10 of favourite plants

And ferns are great - I'm amazed when I see them growing inside drains and other unusual places!

Matty2

I have discovered today that the fritillary I planted have come through, there are buds but no flowers as yet