Start a new thread

161 to 180 of 429 replies

Matty2

Gailardia - both annual and perennial - bright cheerful colours, with smiling faces.

Also elegant galtonia - I have planted some for the first time this year but have always admired them, and of course Glads, this year I have byzantinus sprouting.

I am sorry no pictures as all these are tiny newbies in garden.

Geranium black beauty. Melinda. Jollie Bee, Elke, Margaret Wilson, Tanya rendell ....oh so many that I grow.....love most of the newer ones cos they really are better.
The doubles though are not worth it.
Gaura lindheimeri corries gold, gazanias, and G for guaranjuato the most beautiful blue salvia. 3' or more tall, tender and large dark blue flowers all summer
Matty2

Gorse - not in garden, but it always looks so bright on moorland

Oh, Fairygirl
Yes I am a hero.............lucky I,checked that cos my iPad came up with "nerd"??.....but not a cloak. It's an anorak!
Gentians, geums and gypsophila.
Grass, as in ornamental grasses and in lawn.
Lawns are often denigrated these days but what better to sit on, what better fragrance than cut grass and what better barkcloth to the garden?

Advertisement

Matty2

Don't know why I didn't say grass - see avatar - Carex Bronzita. Lovely year round colour and it ripples when the wind blows it.

Unfortunately since the photo dog has discovered it's also soft to lie on

Hiya Matty
I like carex too....the bronze, red and,olive ones ESP
nutcutlet

I like most geraniums, this is 'Bill Wallis', 

and because I have to share some of our wild life, a grass snake

artjak

Uncle Verdun can do anything. Even type in his sleep. I am a big fan of geums. I have a lovely orange one.

nutcutlet

I once saw a plant at an open garden artjak, geum-like flower, orange but taller and more open growth than X borisii (might not have got that spelling right). Do you know what that might have been? The gardener didn't

artjak

Nut C; Oh my gosh I was at a big plant auction yesterday with a neighbour who wanted to fill gaps in her huge herbacious border and I am sure I saw what you are describing, but sadly did not write down the name as we were going for geums for the front of the border. But Uncle Verdun will know I am sure

The potty gardener

Great pic of dog enjoying the grass Matty.

Is that pic of snake from your garden nutcutlet?

nutcutlet

Thanks artjak, I'll see if Verdun knows.

Yes Bev, home grown.

Matty2

Took the pic and then told him off 

chicky
Matty - agree about the gallardias - such good colours and flower forever. Just found mine reappearing after the winter.

And how about greenhouse - love mine!

Advertisement

I had a plant on my wish lost going back several months....geum tangerine dream. Think it was at hampton court show or similar ....could that be it nut?
I like to grow orange flowers.....don't have many. Echinaceas, a dahlia and possibly helenium this year. Love orange with blue. Had Echinacea Tiki Torch with salvia patens last year and loved the combination.
Nut, you are making me spend again. Will try and get this geum now to plant alongside salvia Amistad.....rich purple blue and orange? Bit loud? Maybe but I'm sure it will be a talking point
nutcutlet

greenhouse, good one chicky, wouldn't be without mine.

Sorry nut.....I'm not a fan of snakes
chicky
Go for the helenium verdin - you know you want to ...
chicky
Verdin/verdin - I don't like this iPad - it keeps mixing up my worms