London (change)
Today 18°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 15°C
41 to 48 of 48 messages
11/05/2013 at 17:47

I just get upset when what are described as "plants" turn out to be the size of  what I call seedlings. If I want seedlings I'll plant seeds. Also what is described as "hardy"  should have the overrider "only in Trebah gardens or the isles of scilly"

15/05/2013 at 13:19

Hi Pete,

Have you had a reply yet from T&M? I now have growing (hah!) misgivings around T&M. They are very late on an order of mine and I have heard nothing. They haven't even replied to my 2 emails requesting an update (despite them sending me almost daily emails of offers). The customer is far from the centre of their customer service team.

15/05/2013 at 18:09

Just planted out two of mine today and they are sending up flower spikes.  They look promising....we will see

22/05/2013 at 13:04

Still no sign of my illumination pink from last year. If it's not showing any sign of life by the end of may it's coming out, and some more normal foxgloves are going in it's place. 

Might have been the bad wet winter, but it's clearly not reliably hardy in standard foxglove possitions.

Makes you wonder how much testing is done for the chelsea "plant of the year" award.

22/05/2013 at 14:17

My illumination pink bought last autumn are now in the ground.  Large plants with spikes appearing.  It does look like they are not truly perennial.  Got mine from QVC and will demand a full refund if they dont survive next wimter

22/05/2013 at 16:33

I bought two lots of these, one for me and one for my mother. I overwintered them in my greenhouse and planted them out about 3 weeks ago. They are beginnng to grow and are looking quite healthy. Any problems with Thompson and Morgan that I have had have been sorted out to my satisfaction.

22/05/2013 at 18:34

Still waiting for the perennial Digitalis I ordered in December, should have been delivered in April, cost £24.93 from T & M. I think I am going to ask for a refund; I need to fill the spaces that I left for them.

22/05/2013 at 18:48

I'm glad I just let them go by. Give me something I can rely on.

email image
41 to 48 of 48 messages