Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Perennial wallflower

Linda MaryLinda Mary Posts: 2

I have 3 lovely variegated perennial wallflowers in my front garden that flower from spring right thru to autumn so I am guessing they will not seed.  I have "googled" but can find nowhere that stocks them.  I cannot remember where I got them from and would like more.  Can anyone give me any clue as to where I might buy them or propogate them.  I am new to the GW forum so this is my first post.  Hopefully someone out there can held.

• lisabjlisabj Posts: 16

I would love to know too!

• joslowjoslow Posts: 218

Easy to propagate from cuttings in the summer.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,277
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • benno14benno14 Posts: 5

Hi Linda Mary , I am new here to , I have just purchased some Erysimum from Notcotts , But I forgot to ask when it was safe to plant them out any assistance will be much appreciated.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,277
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JackieWJackieW Posts: 15

This is my first message, so apologies if it does not make sense. I have a beautiful tri-coloured wallflower, originally bought 3 but have lost two. The one remaining after looking like a dried up twig has blossomed into a beautiful plant. Many of you are saying that you take cuttings, are these from the stems or the roots?

• JackieWJackieW Posts: 15

Hello Verdun

Many thanks for this information, I will certainly give this a go when the plant has stopped flowering. It is currently still full of lovely pale yellow, pale people and deeper purple blooms.

I will take a photo and upload it to the network.

Once again very many thanks.