London (change)
Today 8°C / 3°C
Tomorrow 9°C / 7°C
21 to 25 of 25 messages
03/05/2013 at 17:26

...^true...if only I could be so organised and pots weren't so darn heavy...

03/05/2013 at 18:05

When we moved to our cottage there was a beautiful philadelphus tree....is it called " mock orange " too? Anyway sadly it died & was near a fallen over dead apple tree! I would like another Philadelphus  but it is now where to put it as the once blank canvas of a country garden is no longer blank! It is my pride & joy & I am sure I  could squeeze one in somewhere.

The old dead tree is still there but now supports clematis & bird feeders!

03/05/2013 at 18:37

yes TJ it's called mock orange. I'm sure you could find a spot for another one!

Salino what I do is get a really big pot that I like and plant things in plastic pots that can sit inside it- you'll need some bricks or similar to get it to the right height - and then you can swap them round during the year. The pot stays where it is. 

03/05/2013 at 18:48

I think the best philadelphus is still belle Etoile, an old variety.

Aureus is nice..in semi shade....but not so floriferous.  Mine is in a border next to my front lawn and in June and July the scent is amazing when I cut my grass.

03/05/2013 at 23:05
Fairygirl wrote (see)

yes TJ it's called mock orange. I'm sure you could find a spot for another one!

Salino what I do is get a really big pot that I like and plant things in plastic pots that can sit inside it- you'll need some bricks or similar to get it to the right height - and then you can swap them round during the year. The pot stays where it is. 

...aah, I see... how clever... obviously not something I've ever thought of...

email image
21 to 25 of 25 messages