Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Pinks

does anyone know what is  name of this pink?

• Mark56Mark56 Posts: 1,653

Looks like some form of double dianthus to me. Not sure on specifics.

• Hi Mark56,

Thanks for your message - I took a cutting from my sisters house before she moved and the plant grew well. Unfortunately I did not take a cutting of this plant when I moved house. I would like to purchase this plant. I think it is an old variety and I've seen it on a gardening programme, they named it.

Steve.

• There's a good article on the T&M site about pinks which may help:

http://www.thompson-morgan.com/pinks-evocation-of-the-past

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

It could be Doris but I think it's paler than that. There are lots of varieties though, so tricky to single out. image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • I second wheman pinks,  fantstic selection and good quality even if they are only little plug plants. They grow quickly.

• Those are brilliant Stephen sweet. Very pretty. Whetman pinks are really good and may be able to identify it for you. I sent them a photo of my potted pinks earlier in the summer and they identified it for me (coral reef). This one died and I didn't take cuttings image but I'm going to order some more next year....

• Hi Wakeshine,

Thank you for the information. Good luck new plants. 

Steve. 

Last edited: 05 September 2016 18:52:44