London (change)
Today 24°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 23°C / 16°C
8 messages
05/10/2013 at 06:41

My best friend has just had premature twin boys. Sadly one has died at just 60 hours old. Thankfully his brother is doing well.

I wanted to get her and her husband something to commemorate their birth and allow them to remember the son that they have lost. I was thinking about a potted plaited tree or plant. Or a plaited potted plant that flowers in October if there is such a thing.

I know nothing about plants. My friend lives in the Midlands. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Trickster

05/10/2013 at 08:01

o'dear thats so sad I think you are a real friend But do you think a reminder is good ??

James

05/10/2013 at 08:16

What did they name the one that died.? Maybe an Apple tree that will fruit in October would be good. You could pick one with a similar name.

05/10/2013 at 08:21

Sorry to hear of your friend's loss. Those with sadly, that experience would agree something to remember them in a positive way will be helpful and keep them part of their family. 

Perhaps a fruit tree? Or you could look at and talk to the local garden centres about what is in flower at this time of year.

05/10/2013 at 08:55

There is an indoor plant Pachira aquatica that is sold plaited in most garden centres and sheds in the indoor section - it does flower but I have no idea when as it is a true tropical.

05/10/2013 at 09:46

Hi name was Charlie and his brother, who is still doing well, is called Henry. They live in the Midlands but I live in New Zealand so chatting to my local garden centre is going to be awkward! Also, whatever I buy (and can do so online) needs to be relatively easily delivered!

05/10/2013 at 11:33

Bloody hell trickster My Sisters,  daughter has just had a baby called Herry and his older brother (5 years old ) is called Charlie and we live in the Midlands small world 

I think there is a  clematis called prince charles if that helps

James

05/10/2013 at 11:39

There is an  apple tree called Charles Ross. It has really good fruit in October It is available from a number of nurseries who will send mail order

Just search      Charles Ross  apple tree mailorder England.

email image
8 messages