Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Plant ID help please.

WoodsieWoodsie Posts: 61

Any suggestions as to what this might be? Thank you.

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

I think that's an Echinacea?

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

me too.

Devon.
  • WoodsieWoodsie Posts: 61

Many thanks!

• If you have iPhone or Apple apps there's a great app called like that garden. you take a photo on your phone of the plant or flower you wish to identify and it finds it for you with lots of info about it. I love this app as I know very little about plants

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

The forum members here can ID most plants Carolimage

Better than an app anyway

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • DyersEndDyersEnd Posts: 730

Me neither Jo.  I always look at the 'plant ID' and am learning such a lot even if I forget half of it!

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190
    jo47 wrote (see)

Wouldn't be without them image

Apps or forum members?

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• JAYJARDINJAYJARDIN Posts: 256

....................and much much more fun to chat than sit and look at an app !

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Forum members will also give personal experience re differing climates in different areas of the country. For example, what grows well for Verdun in Cornwall won't necessarily grow well for me here in central Scotland. East/West divide also has an impact, as well as height above sea level and exposure for many plants. You won't get that knowledge  from an app image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

One of the problems with a Plant ID App is that if it gets the ID wrong, who is going to tell you it's wrong?

However, if I give the wrong answer to someone's query, someone on here will always put me right image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.