Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Plant id please

Top plant, grown from one seed, fast grower,is it a perenial? Second plant, no idea, just grew in pot, very slow grower. Third plant, also came up in pot, stem feels woody

• waterbuttswaterbutts Posts: 1,271

The top one looks a tiny bit like a kind of phacelia,

Does the bottom one have very smelly leaves?

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

I thought the top one might be the annual echium but I don't know them well enough to be sure

The bottom one agastache rugosa

the middle one could be one of the campanulas, 

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Thanks waterbutts, the bottom one, no real smell at all.the stem looks and feels woody .there is another small branch lower down the stem ,not in photo sorry,with another flower as main stem.Top one came from a scatter and grow a bluegarden seed box.

might not be agastache then if no smell

• Thanks nutcutlet.will google and check.thank you and waterbutts for your interest.

• Have pinched one of the leaves and got a definate minty licorice smell.Thankyou again.

• LiznessLizness Posts: 79

SEcond does look like a campanula. The ones with the the long belll flowers like campanula punctata rubra.

• the top on is vipers bugloss second one not so sure of.. the third one is agastache i have them in my garden

• sorry did wrong button the vipers bugloss is not perennial but it self seeds like a foxglove if you let it.. tiney black seeds when flowes are gone.. is it bit prickey when you touch it.. that is vipers bugloss

the agastache is meant to be perennial but i treat it as half hardy depending on where you are..

sorry cant help on second one

That top one looks like the little annual echium that comes in the bee mixes rather than the biennial native Viper's Bugloss