Start a new thread

1 to 10 of 10 replies

Hi, could anyone tell me the name of this plant that i bought last year please as i have lost the label and can,t remember. I thought it was a Potenilla but i have found out that they flower from late spring to early Autumn, and this one finished flowering a couple of weeks ago and  has put on new growth at the top.The foliage spreads along the ground while it is flowering.many thanks Elizabeth.x

nutcutlet

It is a potentilla Elizabeth. You'll probably get some more flowers later in thje season

Thank you nutcutlet, i thought i could rely on you,You seem to solve all this novice gardeners problems x

Nut, is it Elizabeth?  Elizabeth has pale yellow flowers on a slightly pale green foliage. On the picture it shows white flowers.  In my experience elizabeth flowers non stop until summers end.  Not sure what variety is shown ...I grow a couple of white ones myself

nutcutlet

Can't do potentilla varieties though verdun and elizabeth. I hope it is Elizabeth, it would be fitting

Advertisement

Fairygirl

Verd there's a potentilla in front garden next to me right beside the path and in the est agent pix it looked white. It's actually creamy/yellow so it might just be the photo!

or your eyesight....

I was just relieved it wasn't one of the 'coarse' yellow ones

Ok tease me why don't you Fairygirl......lol

Potentilla Elizabeth is one of my fav Potentillas, that's all and it is bit distinctive.  I find it's the longest flowering of the lot and the flowers are such a gentle but not too pale yellow.  Almost like the butter I love to smother my huge slices of,wholemeal with.  Did you know I am a greedy so and so???

Fairygirl

Didn't have a clue Verd. You certainly never eat cake anyway....

GillyL

Doughnuts don,t count as cake

nutcutlet
Verdun wrote (see)

Nut, is it Elizabeth?  Elizabeth has pale yellow flowers on a slightly pale green foliage. On the picture it shows white flowers.  In my experience elizabeth flowers non stop until summers end.  Not sure what variety is shown ...I grow a couple of white ones myself

It took me a couple of hours to catch on Verdun.

Not It's Potentilla 'Elizabeth'

it's potentilla, elizabeth