London (change)
Today 13°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 9°C
10 messages
22/06/2013 at 11:56

Hi, could anyone tell me the name of this plant that i bought last year please as i have lost the label and can,t remember. I thought it was a Potenilla but i have found out that they flower from late spring to early Autumn, and this one finished flowering a couple of weeks ago and  has put on new growth at the top.The foliage spreads along the ground while it is flowering.many thanks Elizabeth.x

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/26023.jpg?width=274&height=350&mode=max

22/06/2013 at 12:01

It is a potentilla Elizabeth. You'll probably get some more flowers later in thje season

22/06/2013 at 12:21

Thank you nutcutlet, i thought i could rely on you,You seem to solve all this novice gardeners problems x

22/06/2013 at 12:44

Nut, is it Elizabeth?  Elizabeth has pale yellow flowers on a slightly pale green foliage. On the picture it shows white flowers.  In my experience elizabeth flowers non stop until summers end.  Not sure what variety is shown ...I grow a couple of white ones myself

22/06/2013 at 13:00

Can't do potentilla varieties though verdun and elizabeth. I hope it is Elizabeth, it would be fitting

22/06/2013 at 13:29

Verd there's a potentilla in front garden next to me right beside the path and in the est agent pix it looked white. It's actually creamy/yellow so it might just be the photo!

or your eyesight....

I was just relieved it wasn't one of the 'coarse' yellow ones

22/06/2013 at 16:02

Ok tease me why don't you Fairygirl......lol

Potentilla Elizabeth is one of my fav Potentillas, that's all and it is bit distinctive.  I find it's the longest flowering of the lot and the flowers are such a gentle but not too pale yellow.  Almost like the butter I love to smother my huge slices of,wholemeal with.  Did you know I am a greedy so and so???

22/06/2013 at 16:22

Didn't have a clue Verd. You certainly never eat cake anyway....

22/06/2013 at 16:56

Doughnuts don,t count as cake

22/06/2013 at 17:08
Verdun wrote (see)

Nut, is it Elizabeth?  Elizabeth has pale yellow flowers on a slightly pale green foliage. On the picture it shows white flowers.  In my experience elizabeth flowers non stop until summers end.  Not sure what variety is shown ...I grow a couple of white ones myself

It took me a couple of hours to catch on Verdun.

Not It's Potentilla 'Elizabeth'

it's potentilla, elizabeth

email image
10 messages