Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 302 replies

Beaus Mum

Happy new year everyone 😊

I have ordered cosmos seeds: Lemonade, Cupcakes, Sweet Sixteen and Cosimo Red/white.

And ordered three dahlia tubers: Labyrinth, Totally Tangerine and Chick a Dee.

Has anyone else placed any orders?

I blame Jack Frost as too cold and frosty to get out in the garden πŸ˜‰

Pete8

Erm - yes

Aster Duchess Blue Ice Cornfolower Midget Cosmos  - Purity  Cosmos - Psyche Wight Cosmos Daydream Cosmos Dwarf Sonata Mixed Seeds Cosmos Gazebo mix Cosmos Xanthos Seeds Dahlia Bishop's Children Dahlia Dwarf Mix Eschscholzia Ivory Castle Godetia Rembrandt Heliopsis Summer Nights Seeds Honeywort saved seed 2016 Larkspur - White King Rudbeckia Chim Chiminee Seeds Scabious caucasia Sunflower Mixed Sweet Pea - High Scent Sweet Pea - Twilight Sweet Pea Hi Scent Seeds Sweet Pea Incense Mixed Seeds
and
Basil Chili Jalapeno Coriander Calypso Seeds Dill Kale Nero di Toscana Seeds Lettuce Mixed Salad Leaves Lettuce Mixed Salad Leaves Parsley Radish Candela di foco Spring Onion White Lisbon Tomato - Garden Pearl Tomato - Maskotka Tomato - Suncherry Premium Tomato - Sungold Tomato - Tmbling Tom

I took advantage of the Mr Frothergills offer that was mentioned on this forum back in 2016
Maybe I took over advantage 

And a Happy New Year to all

Last edited: 03 January 2017 17:33:38

Beaus Mum

Wow Pete that is some order πŸ˜„

Dont feel so bad now ha ha

also you have reminded me I hadn't ordered Purity! I'm off to Mr Frothergills website now!

Kitty 2

I'm cheap and bought my seeds in the autumn sales😏

Haven't even thought about "live" plants yet😡

Happy new year Beaus Mum πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰, nice to see you again😊

Crumbs Pete8! 

There is something so exciting about seed packets - the anticipation of new plant life to come. 

Sweet peas are a must for me this year. In fact I was only thinking of them today when I noticed my 'everlasting' sweet pea is shooting up despite the frost! The hardy sweet pea I have doesn't have a fragrance so I want to grow some scented ones this year. Recommendations welcome... 

Advertisement

Beaus Mum

Oh I did cheap too Kitty πŸ˜„ But not yet so far this year ha ha

Kitty I have a bone to pick with you! I clicked on the link you posted on another thread earlier and ended up watching father ted clips for almost all the afternoon! X

Beaus Mum

HI AuntyRach

i was disappointed that my everlasting sweet pea also didn't have a scent! What's the point? If it has survived the frost I may lose it in the recycle bin πŸ˜„

I can not recommend any best scented sweet peas but have opinion on the colour, I don't like the speckled ones πŸ˜ŠπŸ™ˆ

Kitty 2

Ha, ha, ha   soz, I couldn't help myself, you've gotta love a bit of Dougal. I did the same myself.... Spider baby πŸ˜‚

It was PP who started it, honest 

Just a small order so far, a Hamamelis Diane, Stipa gigantea and I'm tempted by fucshia Delta Sarah and Loropetalum fire dance.  Maybe another couple of weeks before I go for those πŸ˜€.

Beaus Mum

Small but nice order Andy 😊 I have the delta Sarah Fuschias and not sure if I like the much or not.  I got them as my sister is called Sarah! One fuschia I really love and was amazing last year was one that is hardy and called micro "something" it has tiny tiny flowers and is beautiful.

Kitty I guessed PP would have something to do with it πŸ˜„πŸ˜‰ my fave is the dancing in the caravan and the disco when the only record they had was ghost town πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

I did pick alot of seeds in the end of season sale , but did just made a order for my hanging baskets and troughs I want a good trailing display , in the past used lobilia and putunias but going to use less putunias as dont get a great show if weather a bit cold , so going to use some good work horses , lobilia , pansys all trailing varieties they flower and flower .

chicky

Still drooling over catalogues here - not yet spent a ha'penny

Grew cosmos Sweet sixteen last year Beau - will be going for it again, it was a stunner

Beaus Mum

Jason there is a gorgeous blue and white lobelia called splash and is like a china blue.

Aym you can have some of my cup cakes as have ordered two packs and wont sow them all.

Oh Chicky stop drooling and get ordering  I was so pleased with my Cosmos last year Chicky, especially late summer they made my garden  

Have ticked some summer flowering bulbs in catalogue but not yet ordered.

Missy Krissy

Still pouring over catalogues here too!  However I did order 16 salvia plug plants from Suttons last week as well as some more medicinal herb seeds. I've got my trusty note book out and am busy rejigging a couple of flower beds as we speak! 

Advertisement

I ordered most of mine last year from fothergills in the seed sale. It was me who posted it on here.Just got to get my cucumber seeds from DT. Brown. Waiting for one of their offers.

If you sign up for email they will let you know what offers there are.

PageZ

I have to confess I did.

4 Dahlia tubers, Cosmos Purity, Sweet Peas and another two packs of seeds I can not even remember the names!!

Dovefromabove

I'm salivating over the new Sarah Raven catalogue .................. decisions decisions decisions ..........

Aster2

So am I, Dove! I won't be buying any plants from her, as the tomato plugs I got last year were merely OK-ish, but I'm tempted by many of the seeds. (The dahlia bulb I got from SR last year produced a wonderful plant, OTOH.) I just don't get why most of the packs have 500 or even 1000 seeds - I really don't need that many. Do you know if the seeds are good quality?

Aster2

AuntyRach, I recommend sweet pea Beaujolais, a wonderful deep burgundy colour and the best scent from all those I grew last year.