Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Planting Bulbs late (End of February)

Tom JoyTom Joy Posts: 3

Hi All

I'm probably the most inexperianced gardener on here, the only time I ever do any gardening is when my mother needs a big rock moving or a tree cutting down, so bare with me whilst I ask the basics. image

I'm a student living in halls with a few of my friends, we have a large balcony that recieves sunlight alomost all day. We'd quite like to add some flowers/potted plants to it so it looks more apealing. Now I was just wondering if you could give me some advice on what to plant? We're only here until the end of June so we're not after anything major, just some little flowers that will sharpen it up a little. Any ideas?

T

• Oh ok, perfect! Thank you very much for your help!

T

• something labelled bedding plants would give a long flowering season. I prefer little violas to pansies as they withstand wind and rain better.

If there is sun nearly all day I would get some herbs like thyme, rosemary. My mint & chives are just starting to come up and in a couple of months you could grow some basil or coriander which are really quick to grow from seed but do not like frost

• Tom JoyTom Joy Posts: 3

Lovely, thank you all so much for your help. I'll be sure to let you know how I get on!