Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Plants still in flower

Hi

I'm new to the forum but I would like to say that my pink campion - grown from wild seed collected last year - has been non stop flowering since may last year and the seedlings from this year have never died and are flourishing.  the plants in my garden have had this early start before and unusually I had a lovely show of tulips from early on until about July - so sometimes unusually mild weather gives us a bit more to smile about when we wander round our gardens.

Anticipation of what will come and how the plants will manage may mean that we in the end will be able to grow many more exotics in our gardens

• Well I think the season's have gone all to pot. In my back yard I have a few pots with several plants in and I am amazed that there is so many flowering at this time of year, today 8th of january i have snap dragons on the third flourish, geraniums still flowering and lastly some self set lobelia which has been in flower since mid may. I have not tended to the plants since october, so who is looking after them? My rhodedendeum also flowered in november!!!!

• I agree, i had a mixed pot of flowers in the garden that last flowered in August/ late summer and they have just started to flower again!!!! These seasons have all turned really weird.image

• donutsmrsdonutsmrs Posts: 487

I still have Fuchsias flowering in my front garden and lobelia which I grew from seed last year. My spring bulbs are popping through aswell. As much I like this very mild weather we could do with some cold weather to rid us of all the bugs.It is nice to go out into the garden thought, not knowing what you are going to see growing next. If this weather keeps up we will mowing lawn before we know it. 

• My Spring bulbs are yet to come up yet but hope fully they will be up soon. The weather around hear is really strange. last month it snowed for a day and now we have bright sun the leaves on our trees dont know what to do, one minute they are falling off and the next they think that it's Spring again and are coming back on....

• donutsmrsdonutsmrs Posts: 487

I've been out into the garden today and Ive got Crocus in flower and hyacinths are also popping up. Here in Bournemouth we have had only one frost and no snow, today it is so mild, its more like April than January. No wonder the flowers and bulbs are confused.

• we too have a crocus out

• VivdevVivdev Posts: 6

Lancashire garden...  I was amazed today to see, in the shelterd garden, that the crocus have flowered !  seemingly  overnight. Their growth over the past 2 days is pheneminal and they are fully formed and beautiful. I also have several azalia in flower, - all be it not in their nornal spring glory, but they should be asleep now .... bless them. Can anyone tell me .... does this mean that they will rest until next year or will the poor little loves struggle to flower all through the spring?

• West Mids garden I have carnations that have never stopped flowering, likewise penstemon and a yellow rose - likewise I wonder how this will effect next years flowering.

• west midlands .i have camellia in flower also an antirhinum that has self set and flowered since autumn, muscari ,arabis and a bit of pulmanaria,. however daffodils,crocus,hyacinths and tulips are no further ahead than usual.why?

• In my Stafordshire garden we have a Lupin just in bud. Our star of the veld also has a flower and a margaretta is also flowereing as well as a yellow rose in bud. my ivy leaved geraniums in baskets are still alive and other geraniums still are flowering