Start a new thread

1 to 9 of 9 replies

Hi

Is there anyone who can ID this plant for me please so I can learn how to look after it.

It has one woody stem and all the other stems look like fresh growth.

It is about 2 feet tall at the moment.

Thank you

This last picture shows the woody stem.

Looking forward to finding out al about it.

Kind regards.

fidgetbones

Looks like a lacecap hydrangea

Gosh what super quick relies, thank you, my husband said he thought hydrangea but I thought not, so he was correct.

Berghill

Don't worry, you can always convince him that he just misunderstood what you were saying. That's what my wife does anyway on the odd occasion when I am not wrong.

Advertisement

Oh I've already had the " I told you so" suppose its ok to let him get something right oncxe in a blue moon. 

can anyone confirm what soil to plant it in, I'm putting it in an extremely large terracotta pot, from what I've read I don't quite understand what potting compost to get( or if to just use my own from my compost bin) as it seems to state they can go in different type soils. I read....They hate being too dry, so put lots of organic matter in the soil before planting and then mulch every year with a generous layer of compost. 

BobTheGardener

The acid/alkaline things you've probably read are for the type which can have blue or pink flowers, depending on soil acidity.  I think you should just use a well-balanced mix for yours, so stuff from your compost bin is probably ideal.

most certainly a lacecap ,use good compost.