London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 12°C
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Lyn
03/04/2013 at 10:46
Anything that will grow in my garden is bonus,so any colours, another explosion in a paint factory. Whatever i put in is blown about in the wind.
03/04/2013 at 11:28
Joyce.....not sure about that! I'd go blind
Whites n blues, whites n yellows, blues n orange,,blues with silver foliage
Christopher Lloyd said nothing clashes in the garden....mind you he changed his mind a bit!......
03/04/2013 at 11:36

I am all for colour in a garden, I'm not fussed on sticking to one or a few shades.

I LOVE this sort of thing

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/20902.jpg?width=312&height=350&mode=max

03/04/2013 at 12:30
Discodave, thats harmony to me. Love that too
03/04/2013 at 13:22

everything goes in my garden. i just have to master the knack of  colours that match or contrast but look good. better than a garden filled with junk and rubbish

03/04/2013 at 13:27
Franco6832
It's a constant learning curve. It's trial and error, planning, knowing about plants...what they do, how they grow.......and,trying to associate them so they look even better as a group than as individuals
03/04/2013 at 14:07

It's all about balance-just like life really! As Verdun says it's a question of trying things out and if it doesn't work -move 'em! It's often easier to rule out what colours you don't like first and then once you've checked aspect, soil etc, look at pix and see the kind of look you're after and then you can make choices more easily about colour combinations. Sometimes a photo of a room gives you inspiration about the kind of colours you could put together. It doesn't always have to be plants. And of course green ties it all together but many people are frightened of using it! 

The colours I really don't like are peach and salmon! Never use them as I always think they look washed out! Yukk 

04/04/2013 at 13:11
A ombination I loved last year was blue linum with yellow osteospermum. They flowered in tandem for whole of the summer in front of purple dwarf berberis and all are still in place for this year but I have got more to plant out. What better for hot dry spot?
email image
21 to 28 of 28 messages