Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

RHS Plant Finder

sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802

A very useful tool for finding that elusive plant-

http://apps.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantfinder/

seems to be a common question on here- so might be worth bookmarkingimage

• but only if you know what you are looking for image

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

I use it to get the spelling right

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • My neighbour is growing a Jersey Walking Stick/Kale plant.  There is very little advice on the web, particularly on how to actually shape the handle and when to do it.  Any suggestions out there please.

• I have had to put my dog to sleep,I would like to know if anyone can recall a plant with the name Duke . I would like a small plant to remember him by.
  • Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,817

There are a few here:

https://www.rhs.org.uk/Plants/Search-Results?form-mode=true&context=l%3Den%26q%3DDuke%26sl%3DplantForm&query=Duke

A lovely thought, My dog has daffodils and scented flowers on him as he used to smell sweet scented flowers -

• Trying to find a "Clematis Montana Miss Christine" plant without having to pay the costly price of £15 + £8 - £12 postage because, I live on an Island. I need to buy 2 of these plants, hence why I don't want to pay the above price. Would be grateful for any help/advice.

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,065

The RHS Plant Selector will help you find plants for a given situation and allows you to enter soil type, drainage, aspect, exposure, and then season of interest, colour, size, type of garden and type of plant.  It isn't foolproof but it's a good start.

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato
  • I have a bushy evergreen lupin..not a tree lupin. It flowers all summer from spring to Autumn.  It is about 4foot high and probably the same wide. It flowers prolifically with 6 to 8 inch blue purple flowers.  I suspect it is a wild lupine but I have not seen one before even though I am an ardent plantperson. Can anyone advise please.