Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Rose identification

Hi, does anyone know the name of this rose please. I took this cutting in April. 

Thanks

Fred

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Posts: 37,884

Hi Fred. It looks like a Rosa gallica type, possibly Rosa complicata. Its difficult to name roses unless you are an expert as so many roses look so similar.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • MarlorenaMarlorena Posts: 8,705

Members really should supply a lot more information when asking for an i.d. of a rose...

I would want to know how big the original shrub was, a climber or a ground cover rose? how long ago was it planted?  thorny or not?... scent?...  was the owner inclined to grow from seeds? the original plant could have been their own seedling..

..the foliage has a modern look about it.. but more info needed to even produce a guess..

East Anglia, England
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Posts: 37,884

.......... but the result would be exactly the same as its nigh on impossible to name roses image

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • The Rose I took the cutting from is about 4 foot high, very vigorous growth. It must be a shrub Rose.  Just flowers and flowers and there must still be 50 flower buds on it still. 

• I'll take a photo Tuesday.

Thanks

Sounds like a good rose Fred.  I wouldn't mind having that one in my garden...

East Anglia, England

Actually Fred, looking again and with your recent description, I think it's a young 'Ballerina' rose you've got there.  Lucky you !...

East Anglia, England
  • Thanks Marlorena, I don't think it's a ballerina I've had one before. I'll take a picture Tuesday and post it on here. 

Last edited: 10 September 2016 23:20:10