London (change)
Fri 17°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 11°C
3 messages
28/06/2013 at 15:33

Hope you can help......I have been growing 2 shrub roses in containers for 3 years now and they are fabulous. I top dress them in Spring with fresh compost and sprinkle in a granulated feed.I get such an abundance of the loveliest cream roses.

I have now 'rescued'  3 climbing roses  from our local supermarkets 'damaged' section (although there is nothing wrong with them) and I hoped to be able to train them to scramble/climb over our pergola but not sure if these will also perform well in pots - I was going to buy the largest pot I could so they wouldn't be restricted. Does anyone know if they will be ok in pots also?

Thank you

28/06/2013 at 17:12

I have a climbing  rose in a large pot and it does very well. I have got it climbing up a metal frame i bought that is just pushed into the pot. I grow a lot of plants in pots, I have even got a Silver Birch in a very large container that has been in there for nearly 3 years now and is thriving very well. They just need a little more TLC than plants in the ground, feeding, watering etc. Good luck with yours.

28/06/2013 at 19:27

Aww that's great - thankyou so much. I will be planting it up this weekend and will post some pictures when it's done

email image
3 messages