London (change)
Today 15°C / 12°C
Tomorrow 17°C / 13°C
6 messages
28/07/2013 at 13:43

I asked a neighbour for a cutting of a pretty rose bush and then when i got in from work he had left the whole rose bush on my doorstep i tried to fit the roots into a bucket for a good soak but will it do ok at this time of year and what   do i do next

28/07/2013 at 13:44

You can only try Girlyfox. Give it some nice easy soil/compost to grow it, not solid clay, keep it moist and speak nicely to it.

28/07/2013 at 13:45

If it's not too big you could pot it up then you could move it round so it didn't get stressed sitting in full sun all day

28/07/2013 at 13:51

Thankyou poor thing if it survives i think i would have rescued it from someone who is not a gardener if i put it in the front of the house it will get morning sun so a bit cooler    thankyou 

29/07/2013 at 08:28

I would prune it down so that it is not trying to support too much top growth this will give the plant more energy to try and re-establish itself. Also make sure you regularly wat it until it has established itself. Should be ok, am sure I am not the only one who has succumbed to temptation and moves something at the wrong time of the year 

29/07/2013 at 19:56

thankyou have dug a big hole in my front garden added a lot of water and growbag compost planted in the rose watered again and crossed my fingers thankyou for all your advice

email image
6 messages