Start a new thread

1 to 5 of 5 replies

I bought 1 geranium Brookside 3 years ago. I have split it several times and the plants always bounce straight back and flower until late August. I have read all of the many posts about Rozanne, and wonder if anyone has both Brookside and Rozanne, and what they think the main differences are?

Marlorena

'Brookside' flowers in June/July, grows upright then flops, it's quite floriferous.  I should add that I hadn't noticed it blooming until late August, as you have, but it's a while since I grew it.

'Rozanne' after about 3 years, is capable of forming a large mound with a spread of 8 or even 10 foot in good soil, and will climb [invade] other plants around it.   Sometimes I think it can be too much.

Considered better than 'Brookside' is its sport 'Orion', and I prefer this one too, I think the individual flowers are larger,  and better than both in my view is 'Eureka'.

Another fine blue is 'Blue Cloud', which blooms from June to late August/early Sept.

Last edited: 11 January 2017 13:50:09

Rozanne's flowers are a bit larger and it went on flowering well into the autumn.

Ours did start a little later tnan Brookside, but it hadn't been planted as long and position might have made a difference too.

I like the shape of Brookside's leaves, but it is quite a spreader with a more running habit, while Rozanne is more a big plant that covers a wide area.

For a blue geranium, I still prefer Mrs Kendall Clark, but as a a Pratensis variety it doesn't flower for as long.

Thankyou Buttercupdays. I do remember Brookside being quite floppy and around 2 feet tall. I think I will definitely buy Rozanne . 

Mark56

Rozanne flowers for longer. That's the main difference, July onwards till Autumn 

Last edited: 11 January 2017 18:04:55