London (change)
Today 23°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 23°C / 14°C
21 to 34 of 34 messages
05/02/2013 at 21:00

Geranium leaves, lovely. Never really noticed the currant.

Eleagnus I love as well, umbellatus, angustifolia and ebingeii. Could sit downwind of any of those for ages.

05/02/2013 at 21:48

nutcutlet, the scent I don't like is box; it smell like tom cats! Am not too keen on choisyia(?) either. But the scents I really can't stand tend to be some rather expensive perfumes, which just smell like noxious chemicals to me. I better not name the worst, I might get sued!

There is a flower scent that bowled me over as a child, I have been searching for it ever since; it looked a bit like a Japanese Anemone as far as I can remember, the scent was: cucumbers and lemon with a hint of nostalgia and slight melancholy.

05/02/2013 at 22:24

I agree, don't like box, or some expensive perfumes. I like light flowery perfumes. Love philadelphus and all the plants I've already mentioned.

05/02/2013 at 22:25
Flower perfume here too...all I can wear without choking
05/02/2013 at 23:09

I like the odd smells, clerodendrom trichotomum, the leaves are a bit peanutty but the flowers sweetly scented. And phuopsis stylosa, the smell of the leaves spreads on the air. It was initially hard to pin down, it didn't smell of anything close to. And the big fritillary bulbs, I can just stand and sniff those in the bulb shop.

I shall go out and test the box tomorrow artjak, I'll have to wait for the flowering currant, though probably not too long for White Icicle

What I don't like is to be in a garden and smell artificial perfume.

06/02/2013 at 00:07

I wish some enterprising company would make a scent from chamomile tea, or rosemary.

nutcutlet; I think you have to smell the box on a warm day to appreciate the full awfulness of it.

06/02/2013 at 08:11

I won't rush out there this morning then

06/02/2013 at 22:20

I love Jasmine, oh and night scented stock, lavander, honeysuckle and roses......Rosemary, Sweet Peas aanndddddd Thyme, all kinds. I love Privet as it reminds me of my childhood. It used to surround the garden on the farm I grew up on and my folks always told me that the butterflies covering it was the fairies collecting the flowers in little buckets. I believed this for many years  lol and now wish it were true  lol.

I cant stand the smell of flowering current. It catches my throat. 

06/02/2013 at 22:22
Basil I love smell of ...mmmmm
06/02/2013 at 22:50

Hmm cant say im a lover of privet or flowering currant it leaves yr fingers stinking of I dont know what. You can get some lovely perfumed peonys and dont forget Lilac.

06/02/2013 at 22:52
Hmmm just bought a flowering currant
06/02/2013 at 22:58

Oh yeah, Lilacs, they are loverly They can grow so big aswell. My folks one must be about 12-13 foot now

06/02/2013 at 23:22

I have flowers on one of the winter flowering honeysuckles, strongly scented even in today's cold wind. Thought I wasn't going to get any this year. 

07/02/2013 at 23:55
artjak wrote (see)

nutcutlet, the scent I don't like is box; it smell like tom cats! Am not too keen on choisyia(?) either. But the scents I really can't stand tend to be some rather expensive perfumes, which just smell like noxious chemicals to me. I better not name the worst, I might get sued!

There is a flower scent that bowled me over as a child, I have been searching for it ever since; it looked a bit like a Japanese Anemone as far as I can remember, the scent was: cucumbers and lemon with a hint of nostalgia and slight melancholy.

Might the plant you are searching for be Romneya?

I adore the scent tho only have flowers for a few weeks a year; still a favourite.

email image
21 to 34 of 34 messages