Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

seed sowing for next year

granmagranma Posts: 1,933

I have started sowing  foxglove , and verbascum seeds for next year ,

• FleurisaFleurisa Posts: 779

This has posted itself lots of times can you try to delete the duplicates?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

I've flagged up the multiple posts to the Mods - they're the only ones that can do anything.  Hope we can all reply on one thread, otherwise there's a potential for chaos! image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• granmagranma Posts: 1,933

I have also contacted moderators and requested that they remove all but one thread when I realised what had happened. 

Though if anyone can tell me how to delete them myself I will sort it out

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Chaos? us? surely notimage

i haven't decided yet. image I'll have to look at a few lists and see what I'd like.

A couple of something I've never heard off would be good.

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • I've sown and had germinated, Calendula, Digitalis a few different types, Honesty,  Hesperis matronalis and some Cornflower.

I've got a few on order from Derry Watkins now. But only one I've never heard of, Eryngium ebracteatum. So that means I can place another order elsewhereimage

• I've started off some foxgloves, various poppies, some larkspurs and some wildflowers. Probably a few other things too. I've been taking cuttings from a "Tom Thumb" fuscia too which pretty much all came good. pretty pleased! 

• granmagranma Posts: 1,933

Hiya ,

Nut is that the one with sword leaves , if so be careful it has barbs all the way along ,it's worse than the yucca .it's bloody lethal.

They're all a little on the sharp side gran. I've never seen this oneimage

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,276

I shall be trying Lupins for the first time.Also some white foxglove courtesy of hogweed,borage courtesy of Lyn and antirrhinum/french marigold (jolly jester) courtesy of perki image So many plants...so little time image