London (change)
Today 14°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 9°C
9 messages
20/07/2013 at 12:24

Does anyone know any websites for seed swapping or give aways?

20/07/2013 at 12:26

There is one on here-just found this through the search box

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/the-potting-shed/seed-swap/64712.html

10/02/2014 at 22:20
Hi does anyone have any cosmos, gerbera, aster, sweet pepper and hydrangea seed they would like to swap for either-
Basil aristotle, garlic chive, hot chilli twilight, carrot purple Dragon, leek autumn giant, Tom moneymaker, lemon balm, dill, lettuce mix, cauliflower, spring onion, onion alisa craig, basil bush, sage, oregano, old English Tyme, sprouts, onion north Holland red, Welsh onion, Tom maskota, spinach, broccoli, rocket, rosemary, lovage, kale, parsnip, carrot fly away, lavender munstead strain, hollyhock,
Many thanks
10/02/2014 at 22:21
Also lemon Tyme would be great
10/02/2014 at 22:44

I'd love to give my seeds away but stamp prices don't justify the freebies.

10/02/2014 at 23:00

I am sure that members would be only too pleased to contibute towards the postage.  For some reason or other, I tend to think, at times.  Perhaps members might feel a bit insecure at passing on their personal details.  Might I say.   I have made friends with several from the RHS forum.  We often email each other.  Agreed when it comes to mailing letters and packages, then perhaps.  You might think otherwise.

However let's face it.  Gardening folk are very akin to the doggy walkers.  Love me, love my dog.  There is something very special that develops between us.  When you stop and think.  All that junk mail that comes through your letterbox.  Applications for health/life insurance, and most of your details are already printed on the forms.   This really does get to me, as My details are not on the open electoral register.  So friends,  We enjoy each others company on the forums.  Why not give it a try.

10/02/2014 at 23:04

We had a seed swap  late in 2013, when the seeds were collected. It will probably be repeated this year.

10/02/2014 at 23:11

The seed swap has been very active over the last couple of years. Not everybody takes part, some will have reservations. Addresses are swapped by PM, not for all to see on the forum.

On a forum you soon get a good idea who you would and would not be willing to exchange addresses with. 

If you're swapping the postage costs are shared, otherwise you can send an SAE.

It works fine and will again I'm sure. All my spares were exchanged by about November but there's another seeding season coming up

11/02/2014 at 08:12
I can't see how gardeners world members could be any worse having your address than random eBay members but then having grown up with internet I am used to it, but i understand where you are coming from.
I'd love to find the time for a swap like seedy Sunday but my work and a couple of littleuns keep us a bit too busy.
If anyone does fancy swapping any it would be much appreciated, John.
email image
9 messages