Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 21 replies

KEF

Don't know what it is, just come into flower. ID appreciated

star gaze lily

Is one of the  'Philadelphus' family? (Mock orange)

Lavande

It does look like a philadelphus - I have a couple - slightly different flower but I know there are a couple of varieties.  Exquisite smell - I love them

Jim Macd

I'm not so sure about Philadelphus. Do you have a photo of the face of any flowers?

nutcutlet

Deutzia is a possibility

Advertisement

Jim Macd

Yes, Deutzia gracilis I think. The orientation of the flowers and the number of petals said it wasn't a Phili not to mention the thickness of the leaves. Well done nut. 

star gaze lily

Maybe wrong but just looked in one of my shrub books and there's about 20 varieties of philadelphus

KEF

Will get a close up of flowers. It is only 3' width & 2' high after many years.

Thanks for all suggestions  

Bamboogie

I agree with the Deutzia opinion, Deutzia monbeigii

Lavande

Oh, I'm not often right but I'm wrong again then because my philadelphus are much more rigorous than that

KEF

Thanks everyone I will have a close look at flowers, Deutzia gracilis is looking a strong favorite, Bamboogie I think monbeigii flowers late Summer.

Will let you know.  

KEF

Don't think it's gracilis as flowers are pure white. Checked and shrub doesn't have any perfume.

KEF

Excuse me bumping this back up myself  Just wondered if anyone had any ideas afer my last picture.

Fairygirl

I inherited a Deutzia at my last house KEF - definitely didn't have any perfume and flowers looked identical to yours. I often find flowers which are supposed to be scented just aren't up here. I don't know if it's lack of heat- most scented plants seem to perform better when it's warmer so perhaps that's a reason. 

Advertisement

KEF

Thanks fairy

Supernoodle

YEYS!!!  I've got a plant I've been meaning you guys to ID.  It's a Deutzia too!  It got to over 2m (before I pruned it) and is pale pink with flaking bark and a moss problem around base so obviously doesn't mind the damp. Looked up on RHS and sure I have Deutzia longifolia Veitchii.

Thanks KEF!!

KEF

Dove

Supernoodle seems we have the national collection

Salino

..I think the original photo of KEF's is Deutzia gracilis 'Nikko'.... I saw one the other day, it was fabulous...  it grows more wider than tall... see what you think...