4 messages
23/02/2013 at 17:53

Hi i have a unheated greenhouse if i start so some seeds of in the next week would they be ok the seeds i was thinking about starting is cabbage,spourts,caulie lettuce,broccil,leeks i know it will be to cold for toms and cucumbers. many thanks

23/02/2013 at 18:17

All those are just germinating in my cold greenhouse. You can start tomatoes and cucumbers now on a window ledge. 

It would help with advice if you could put on your profile where in the country you live

23/02/2013 at 18:20

I have started some seeds off but I have got a heated propagator which reall  makes a difference. But before I had one of those I always started mine off on the window cill in the kitchen in small ordinary propagators then when they were ready prick out and pot on into modules I had them in the greenhouse. If it was going to be quite cold I covered them over with horticultural fleece and for me it always work well, I don't know what part of the country you are in, I am on the south coast so not quite as cold as other places though you wouldn't think so today  Brrrrrr! 

24/02/2013 at 16:30

I live in the West Midlands i,ve got some peas growing in one of those plastic greenhouses,and it has been cold but they seem to be doing fine.

email image
4 messages