Start a new thread

221 to 240 of 252 replies

Plants

Spring sweethearts

The sun shone brightly enough for my tulips to open up,something that thrills me every spring.

Jump to latest post

221 to 240 of 252 replies

hollie hock

Few shots taken a couple of days ago.....

First visitor to the sweet rocket

Baldy visiting the, I think some sort of perennial cornflowers

nutcutlet

Love the bee on the centaurea hollie hock

Salino

..that photo with the bee above is wonderful when you enlarge it, which it does successfully....

Marion, I notice your photos won't enlarge again... I wonder what's going wrong here... some do, some don't... I was hoping to get a better look at those peony's...

nutcutlet

That white tree paeony is stunning artjak

Advertisement

Salino

...this is just a test, to see if it blows up...  oh how weird, let me have another go...

Fab photos holly h. My sweet rocket nowhere near flowering yet

Had lots of butterflies on my honesty 

I love it when you can enlarge the pics.

Salino

..those are gorgeous.... I wonder why mine won't blow up... I shall have another go... please excuse me here...

Salino

...aah..success... I had to resize the darn thing... I got that from Nutcutlet's photos... thank you...

nutcutlet

Whatever you did it worked salino. What's that incredibly blue plant in the foreground?

Salino

...hi nutcutlet, 

it's Lithodora 'Grace Ward'... I do like it too... it grows best in a little more acid soil...

...when I enlarged your photos, I noticed at the top it gives the pixel size, which is the same as mine, but noticed that you had 'Scaled 58 percent'... that's what it says... so I scaled mine down to, to 58 percent, and that's how it worked...[actually I've just noticed mine says 44 percent now, how strange..]

it's all so confusing when using this 'tree' icon above... it was so much easier before... and I'm trying to go back to this, rather than Photo bucket or Picasa which I also use...

nutcutlet

I thought that blue plant would like it acid. Not a chance here. I love a real blue.

I've never noticed pixel size on the uploaded photos salino. Not very observant am I?

I reckon to upload about 1000 to 1600 somethings (just numbers, will they be pixels?) reduced from 3000 plus in my file. If I don't reduce them they take ages to upload and I think it slows down the opening up of the thread as well. 

Salino

...oh I see... I think...... I might start a test thread as I'd like to get to the bottom of this and see what works best.... don't want to clutter up a genuine thread with something that doesn't work well...you know...

that red peony... do you know it's name...? it's such a beauty... not that I have room for one...

artjak

My photos are 640x480 pixels, perhaps because I don't have a very sophisticated camera, whereas I see HH's fab photos are thousandsx thousands.

nutcutlet

Salino that's Paeonia delavayi. I could save you seed but it doesn't always come red. It's either crossing with one of the yellows or it's really a hybrid even though it looks like delavayi and was labelled that when I bought it.

I'd like to know what it is with the pics as well.

Advertisement

Salino

..aah.. delavayi.. I've heard of that one.. thanks for that. I shall go look it up...

happymarion

Right, let's try with my Peony Dai JIn which has white, red, pink and occasionally red and white striped flowers on it.  Reduced kb's.

happymarion

That was 591 kb's.  Success.

nutcutlet

Those two flowers are on the same plant Marion? I've never seen that. Might have to go on the shopping list 

Salino

...oh that's nice Marion,... lovely...