London (change)
Today 21°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 13°C
121 to 140 of 145 messages
18/12/2013 at 12:57

Hiya James.  No, usually plant up 3 to 1 litre or 5 to 3 litre pots, depending on bulbs.  Lilies planted singly though.

KEF
23/12/2013 at 07:10

Looking forward to reading more from you in 2014.

24/12/2013 at 09:58

Me to KEF it keeps me moving forward and motivated 

I re-potted my Tulips this week as addict suggested they were to shallow.

But that's what the blog is for, to keep me in line

clueless

29/12/2013 at 09:41

just to let you know a small update was posted today

Clueless

01/03/2014 at 13:24

Just a small update with a cheap heated propagator made by me

http://cluelessgardner.weebly.com/my-blog.html

Clueless

01/03/2014 at 13:27

Just a small update with a cheap heated propagator made by me

http://cluelessgardner.weebly.com/my-blog.html

clueless

03/03/2014 at 20:00

bump

03/03/2014 at 20:08

That's all looking good James.  

03/03/2014 at 20:21

What a novel way to make a propagator, how much did it cost?  

03/03/2014 at 21:52

Well done James.

Actually I subscribe to the RHS forums/blogs.  My post were well liked by other members.  I asked for a blog-site. Sorry  These sites are for helpers and volunteers of the RHS.

Joining this forum.  I requested a blog-site.  Once again. NO!

When checking out the blogs, what do I find.  These in fact are usually set aside for the, 'personalities'  Question.  How often and what do these ones blog about.  Seldom and Nowt.

I was once asked by a subscriber to the RHS forum.  Was I a VMH holder.  Answer NO.  Even though I have been part of the RHS since the early 60's

I wish you well James, with your blog.

04/03/2014 at 09:54

Hello Mike,

I don't agree with you that our bloggers write "seldom" and about "nowt".

We have five bloggers, four of whom blog every fortnight, with Kate Bradbury's blog appearing weekly. All of our bloggers were chosen on the basis of their knowledge and experience of gardening, and their skill at communicating that.

A glance at our blog index page shows that they cover a wide range of topics:

http://www.gardenersworld.com/blogs/

Do feel free to have your say in the comments section on anything that Adam, Pippa, James, Richard or Kate write in their blogs.

We're not able to offer a personal blog service to users of this site, but there are plenty of free blogging tools available. We're very happy for people to post links to their own garden-related blogs on this forum, providing they're not promoting commercial services or selling products.

Daniel Haynes
Editor, gardenersworld.com

Lyn
04/03/2014 at 10:40

Mike,

Why dont you just start your own website, easy to do then you can post a link to it on here and the other site so people can read it if want to.

04/03/2014 at 11:00

Not wanting to drag this thread too far from its original purpose but Mike - there are many many sites out there that grant you a free "blog" - wordpress being one I favour and weebly being one that Clueless here uses.

Rather than expecting another group / company / website to host you why not be proactive and create your own?

You can write as little or as much as you want on a free site - add photographs (I use photobucket to host my photos), different pages within the website. Its all quite easy!

My rather haphazard approach to blogging is here: http://mudweedsandtea.wordpress.com/ I hope to refine it with practice!

04/03/2014 at 15:37

hello zoomer

the propagator cost me about £26.00 as I had the grow bag tray and sand

James

04/03/2014 at 21:09

Apologies to one and all.

04/03/2014 at 23:51

Sorry folks.  Mike as you know is a very keen horticulturist, always ready to share advice etc.  My brain is full of so much info.  Sadly.  Mike has been told via the medics, that there is the sad chance that the windows to life, the outside world, might suddenly become darkened.  Although according to recent eye tests.  My vision is fantastic, however the pressure within the eyes is at a critical stage.  Basically, should treatment fail, then it's lights out, goodnight vienna.  Believe me it is a terrifying spot to be in.  Once again.  I say sorry for my blunt post.  Lets be honest. When faced with a problem.  It is always the most closest you take it out upon.

Once again friends.  Mike apologises for his post.

05/03/2014 at 06:58

Mike - no need to apologise - I think we sussed that you had things on your mind and weren't feeling quite yourself.  You must be so anxious.  If it's any consolation my elderly aunt has had glaucoma for years, and although she has been told that hers too is critical, the medication keeps it under control and she's still able to enjoy life - I'll keep my fingers very crossed that the medication works for you and I'm sure everyone else on the board feels the same.  Keep smiling 

05/03/2014 at 07:45

I totally understand Mike. 

05/03/2014 at 07:48

Hello mike.

Hey!  No need to apologise.  Your posts are thought provoking and always interesting.  I'm forever putting my foot in it .....on the forum and generally. ,

Keep posting 

05/03/2014 at 08:08

mike sorry to  hear that hope things sort out with the medication. i sort of know how you feel i have cats to have removed but it complicated more as i have fits in the day and are worse at night.

all the best Mike

121 to 140 of 145 messages