Start a new thread

201 to 220 of 503 replies

nutcutlet

those Nectoscordium are bulbs. they seed around nicely and are good in shade.

chicky

I shall be investing come bulb planting time - if I can remember the name !  Best go make a note now....

happymarion

Just ask the nursery for sicilian Garlic, you two as the name is changing.  Summer has indeed arrived when you salivate every time you pass your first peach, like I am doing.  It is a Peregrine peach so gets red all over.

happymarion

The heucheras have started to flower.

Advertisement

happymarion

Rhododendron "Klondyke AK" still glowing gold on 13.06.13

Fairygirl

Marion someone was looking for help with a diseased bulb- growths on it- sorry I've totally forgotten what kind! 

I told her you might be able to help as I suggested a Botanic Garden may have a bulb 'expert'. Did she get hold of you? Told her you'd started a couple of threads here to point her in the right direction but she may have found someone to help her. 

That peach looks so ....peachy !! Yummy 

Mgt Merrill rose- beautiful!

Fairygirl

Just found the thread Marion -'utumn crocus disease -what is it?' and the girl is claire cadoux 

happymarion

Fairygirl, she would do well to try the RHS site.  Tulip bulbs are susceptile to fungus and any left too wet in cold weather.

happymarion

Only the middle of June and i took my camera in fear and trepidation up the garden after the horrific winds and heavy rain we had in Bristol yeasterday.  I was lucky only one pale blue bearded iris had been blown down and a few dead branches.

Lovely pics happymarion.  

artjak

HappyM, what is the white frothy one?

happymarion

That is the flower of my elder tree.  It is covered in them.  I could make a fortune in elderflower cordial.

Nice pics Marion. Whats the red/white flower in the last pic?

Advertisement

Wintersong

I really love the lime coloured Heucheras.

I have 'Lime Ricky' that was slow to establish after I divided a single specimen. Only two survived and are still  homeless since placing them out of sunlight is proving tricky

fidgetbones

Just flowered today. Last night it was all in tight bud. Today  blooming marvellous.

Roscoea  cautleoides Kew beauty.

nutcutlet

That's very nice fb. Is it a difficult one to grow?

Singy, I don´t know the cultivar, but it is a sweet william (D.barbatus).

fidgetbones

No, Nut. I've moved it once, and split it to give some to my mum (backup plants)

It dies down each year to small tubers a bit like dahlias. The main problem is that is doesn't start to grow until may, so early weeding results in a fork being put through it.

This is a cluster of about 6 plants.  I will probably split the larger clump up again this autumn.  I seem to have lost the purple version.