Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Summer has arrived

happymarionhappymarion Posts: 4,591

June 1st say the meteorologists is the first day of summer so I shall take my camera with me as i deadhead the spring flowers like daffodils and bluebells which have been so late this year and share them with you.  The peonies definitely think it is summer.

• chickychicky Posts: 10,409

Oh goodie - I love the picture threads !!  Well done Marionimage

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Summer arrived here yesterday. It went away during the night. Cool cloudy, northerly breeze. I took a few photos yesterday. Will they be eligible Marion? image

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • happymarionhappymarion Posts: 4,591

Of course, nutcutlet(yummy).  Rules are not made to be broken here but non-existent.  I have done an hour's deadheading.  Now for some editing.

My rainbow chard is delicious.

I have never seen so much blossom on the trees in all my many years of gardening.  This is my hawthorn tree.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

No rules, excellent

This is one of my species paeonies. I grew two new ones a few years ago and forgot which was which. It's either veitchii or mascula, anyone know?image

In the sticks near Peterborough

More first day of summer pictures.  Here are forget-me-nots and

This variagated sedum spurium has pretty

Chives flowering in the onion bed in the potager.

little pink flowers already.

Herb Robert in my spinney (the wild part of my very large garden which can look so beautiful.)

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Not sure nut but will take a look at a reference book later if it's any useimage

Lovely pix! Marion the hawthorn is magnificent- I fancy putting some in here but I always think the blossom smells of cat pee...image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...

That is such a mix -up, i do not know where to start editing it!  Nutcutlet i will try to find out at the Botanic garden next week if the internet does not do it.

Nutcutlet - looks like veitchii but mascula can be very similar in the pink form.

• donutsmrsdonutsmrs Posts: 487

Here is a picture of my Peony I have got in a pot. The flowers are such a lovely yellow I always think that they should smell of lemons. Your pictures are lovely happymarion.

What a beautiful peony!