Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Sun Flowers

Morning everyone it's been a some time since my last pot (been on holiday,

But I'm back how ever I'm still plagued with a bad back it's really stopped me in my tracks.

any way back to this post now I under stand that Tomatoes are re-potted to a depth of the first pair of leaves and I'm sure sun flowers are the same is this correct and is this the same for all seedlings ??

Clueless

• Jim MacdJim Macd Posts: 750

It doesn't matter. There's a lot of rules that make little difference and are followed as if the world will end if you don't but don't worry.

• Rio KnightRio Knight Posts: 26
    My first batch are already flourishing in the ground, there about a foot hight and I will be planting more out soon (I sow half a dozen every 10 days ish) so I can 'stagger' the flowering so I have them all summer long.

What about frost? I hear you say. Well I don't care I always have more about to go out so it's worth the risk.image
  • Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,276

I too have mine out in the ground now,I sowed them indoors way back in February and the tallest is already nearly 2ft.If you harden them off during the day for about a week or so they should be fine.

As for the re-potting,Jim is right its not all that important as long as the seedlings have a pair of 'true' leaves.