Start a new thread

1 to 12 of 12 replies

happymarion

I popped into my conservatory to check if anything needed watering and the sun was shining through the petals of my tibouchina - breathtakingly lovely.

I always love the Haemanthus albiflos when its many stamens appear but now it has surprised me with how big its orange berries are.

happymarion

Fritillaria meleagris is a favourite soring bulb and I

often have white ones as well as the checkered variety and many with double heads but one surprised me by having three heads.

donutsmrs

Your pictures Happymarion are just lovely. There are many flowers that take my breath away, they are just so beautiful. I tried to upload some pictures of my garden flowers but apparently my files are too big, don't quite no how to get round that. Never mind.

happymarion

donutsmrs, my pictures are always too big to start off, but I "fix" them by cropping the picture below one megabyte ie 900 or so kilobytes. Then they get accepted.  I love it when the picture is of a suitable size and shape to be scrollod up and down and sideways as my computer does not do this or at least I don't know where to find it.

donutsmrs

Hooray!!! I've done it. Took a while but I got there in the end. I grew all of these from seed. These are all in my front garden and are on two sides of my garden. It is   a new flower bed that my husband did for me when we altered ther garden.

Advertisement

happymarion

Well done.  That is so colourful.

happymarion

Another surprise today in my spinney. I have lots of cyclamen in my garden which the wild boar from the Forset of Dean would just love but this sowbread must be enough for a dinner as its leaves are bigger than my hand.  It is Cyclamen coum and promises to have lots of flowers which is great as it is near the path.

happymarion

Just what a cold February needs to cheer the soul.  These daffodil bulbs were "cheapies" from the pound shop - reduced from a pound to fifty pence a bag.  The cheapest things can surprise you.

Happymarion I love your photographs. Is it possible to see a photograph of your whole conservatory of plants or is that impossible to do to be accepted on the site? We always see your garden and conservatory plants up close and I would love to see more pics of them as a whole.
happymarion

Will try tomorrow as snow is forecast for Bristol tonight so I may be housebound..  So glad you are enjoying my plants, Cassie.

happymarion

No snow but very cold so had a go at getting Cassie the pictures she wanted.  Not v ery successfully as the limitations of the site meant I had to cut a lot off.  but I will get out my big camera soon aand see wat i can do with that.  The floor of the conservatory will soon be covered in seeds and seedlings  to be planted out in the new potager when April arrives.

happymarion

Don't be

too quick to dead head your hydrangeas and they will surprise you with beautiful dried flower heads like this "Limelight" in my garden, Feb.11th.