Start a new thread

1 to 11 of 11 replies

hollie hock

This has grown from seed sown last year. At the time there must have been a lot of them as I have a few dotted around the garden. I've grown the purple one before but can't remember it looking so different from the white one

This is the white one

They don't look like the same plant at all. Any ideas?

nutcutlet

Hi Hollie

I have both colours and they all look like your top pics except the purple is slightly darker in shade. That bottom one looks far too hairy.

hollie hock

Hi nut, what do think the bottom one is then? I know that as sweet rocket

nutcutlet

Can you change the size of that pic hollie. I can only see it small, or if I enlarge it I can see just a bit of it at one time.

hollie hock

Ok I'll try. Is that any better?

Advertisement

nutcutlet

Not sure on this one and it's a bit dark to go out and look now. Most of mine are closer to white than purple now. I'll have a look tomorrow unless someone else sorts it out.

hollie hock

Cool, thanks. There's flowers just starting to form on both of them. I'll take a pic when they are out.

nutcutlet

I think this might just be species diversity hollie. I can't tell which of mine will be white or purple this year but adding some pics anyway

hollie hock

Thanks nut, they look like the one that I think is white, if that makes sense  is species diversity when a plant of a different species just looks a little different? I grew the odd looking one from seeds from seedaholic

Looking forwarding to see them flower, will post pic then

nutcutlet

I look forward to seeing them