London (change)
Today 17°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 9°C
41 to 60 of 94 messages
15/06/2012 at 16:02

Kate I'm begining to think I've been forgotten too. If I'm honest I've even forgotten what it is I actually ordered as it's so long since I ordered them 

15/06/2012 at 16:14

I understand that they can only send them when they are ready and that they only post at the beginning of the week, it is just the watching for the postman that makes me fidgety.

15/06/2012 at 17:16

@ Tim - are you a gardener? i dont think you can be or you would know a garden is never full and healthy plants never get composted!!!

I hve just ordered mine  

15/06/2012 at 17:16

I am still waiting for the perennials, ordered at the end of April. I e-mailed T&M this week, pointing out that their confirmation e-mail said "Dispatch by end of May" They have now replied and said this was a mistake, and that the note in the advertisement said that delivery would be between late May and end of July. They say they are confident thay will be able to meet all orders by then.

So don't hold your breath!

15/06/2012 at 17:55

End of July! Thanks for that Green Magpie, I am  a little concerned now,  I ordered some Dahlias that they said end of July, will they turn up before October?

15/06/2012 at 18:40
Mine not arrived yet either, I've emailed them and waiting for a response but still a little worried they have taken the money (I know it's not a great amount, but it still my amount), and hoping that they will fullfil the order soon. I have never had problems before.
15/06/2012 at 20:55

Actually I've been quite disappointed in T&M this year.  I ordered some plants on Dec 31st and expected them in April.  They arrived a couple of weeks ago.  I too have ordered the May offer and am still waiting. 

15/06/2012 at 21:23

curlyone, I have to agree with you. I fortunatley recieved my 36 perennials, but was still disappointed about the time it took for them to arrive, 6 weeks from payment. The packaging wasn't that great either, neither the size of the plants.

I thought the same about their snowdrop offer earlier in the year, the bulbs didn't look in great shape. Even the seeds I bought from them took over 2 weeks to arrive.

I have to say I'm not sure I will be ordering from them again, I wasn't that impressed to find out that the plants go via Jersey to avoid the VAT either. Hardly environmentally friendly.

15/06/2012 at 22:17

Aren't they based in Jersey?  I thought if you 'exported' something and then 'imported' it back (albeit via Jersey) you still had to pay the VAT?  I'm sure the tax man would be wise to this dodge and closed any tax loopholes.

15/06/2012 at 23:03

Not sure MMP, I was just going on the information that I had read on this site.

16/06/2012 at 10:49

Hi guys, Ummm... I just recently got email from GW about the offers and bought the free perennials for my garden cos I recently dug up beds near fences and they are empty so it was good offer. BUT, cos I bought this recently, it said dispatch will be at the end of July, and I reckon by the end of July, summer is almost over... I am kinda panicking now cos I didn't think it would take that long... I am wondering if any of the plants will get to me on time and it will hopefully get to grow a little bit.... But I am not sure anymore... I think I just wasted £5...

Does anyone know what should I do or will the plants even survive?... please let me know guys...

Thanks (oh, yea, btw... I am a beginner as a gardener so any help will be really appreciated)

16/06/2012 at 10:54
cghosthuh wrote (see)

Hi guys, Ummm... I just recently got email from GW about the offers and bought the free perennials for my garden cos I recently dug up beds near fences and they are empty so it was good offer. BUT, cos I bought this recently, it said dispatch will be at the end of July, and I reckon by the end of July, summer is almost over... I am kinda panicking now cos I didn't think it would take that long... I am wondering if any of the plants will get to me on time and it will hopefully get to grow a little bit.... But I am not sure anymore... I think I just wasted £5...

Does anyone know what should I do or will the plants even survive?... please let me know guys...

Thanks (oh, yea, btw... I am a beginner as a gardener so any help will be really appreciated)

cghosthuh wrote (see)

From the reports I have read on here from those that have received them they will not be big enough to plant straight into the garden-I would pot them up and grow them on until the autumn- at that point hopefully they will be at the right stage for planting

16/06/2012 at 11:02

I think this is why I am slightly frustrated, I have already filled 18 pots with compost so that when the plugs arrived at the end of May I would just be able to pop them in . Then I had assumed that they would be big enough to plant out in the autumn. If they arrive at the end of August then I am not sure that they will be big enough to go out until next spring.

16/06/2012 at 11:46

I would think they's be OK even if they don't get to you until August. They are mostly hardy perennials, and there should be enough warm weather between August and winter for them to get established, even if they're still small. But if you want something to brighten your garden this year, then it may have to be a tray of bedding plants! Morrisons still has some good-value plants - I've just bought a tray of 4 little fuchsias for £2, and they had trailing petunias at 3 for £2.

16/06/2012 at 13:43

I've just checked my email. I ordered mine on 29/5/ & they said they will start processing the order immediately. How immediate is immediate in T & Ms world.

16/06/2012 at 15:04
Thank you sotongeoff and Green Magpie... I feel a little reassured and better now... Hahaha...
16/06/2012 at 15:46

Grannyjanny, that's exactly when I ordered mine, and my e-mail also said they'd start processing the order immediately. Maybe they meant that's when they'd plant the seeds to grow into our plants?

16/06/2012 at 16:58

I shan't be phoning to ask about them. Someone I know rang about something, the call cost her £5.

16/06/2012 at 17:01

orderd me sum of the "free" plugs also and for a £5.00er you cant complain, check ebay for even 1 type of the varaity and your looking at over 5quid for plugs for 6, so even if it takes 6 weeks (yes i know you could buy seeds and do it your self lol) there stil worth it, i really only bought it for the lavander adn the rest are a bonus to fill my borders with more colour as long as there healty when they arrive i dont care of the size lol they will soon shoot up in a good pot of soil

i have a youtube channel (gummer4england) and i will be doing a vid of the arrival and growth along with the rest of my veg garden  

21/06/2012 at 19:28

A quick up date on this topic.

I emailed T&M Monday to enquire about my order. I received a reply Tuesday saying they are currently experiencing a slight delay in answering their emails. Today I actually received a phone call explaining that "because of the recent bad weather all orders are being delayed" I wont receive my order until July.

So take from that what you will! I wish now that I'd just told them to cancel my order and refund my money. 

41 to 60 of 94 messages