London (change)
Today 18°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 15°C
1 to 20 of 94 messages
05/05/2012 at 14:50

I would like to add my name to the growing disappointment of GW readers who cannot access the special offer, GW 616.  Whatever permutation you try you just get through to the T & M website with no clues there on how to proceed.  GW go to T & M who say that it works (the same reaction when I went to them directly) but it DOESN'T.  Come on!  The special offers are a great attraction but not much use if they cannot be accessed: with the added cost of postage, this should be possible.

05/05/2012 at 18:11

ive done that before,

05/05/2012 at 20:33

Sorry what is the problem? I looked at the direct link in the mag (http://www.thompson-morgan.com/GW616) and it works. You only get free P&P is u spend over £25 and use http://www.thompson-morgan.com/gwm

05/05/2012 at 20:34

Hello, I did have a quick go at accessing this offer on line, but like you  couldn't find any links. So did it the old fashioned way,  writing on  the form & sending my cheque through the post. You can also fill in details of your card number if you prefer.

I've done it this way with other offers and have had no problems. Just waiting for them to arrive

05/05/2012 at 20:52
Perhaps the old fashioned stamp and envelope is easier. Just received my two free Clematis from last months offer, no prob. Just got to find somewhere to plant them now!
06/05/2012 at 14:53

This looks like a good offer, will they flower this year?

06/05/2012 at 16:43
joslow wrote (see)

This looks like a good offer, will they flower this year?

Yes - they are large plug plants, not bare roots.

06/05/2012 at 18:29
Sent off for mine online had no problems getting the offer I just typed the web address as you see it in the magazine, just waiting for them to arrive.
06/05/2012 at 22:18
Yes, plugs around 2-3inches. Should grow well once potted up. I cut my others back almost to the ground every year and they are a couple of feet already. Think i'll put one to climb up near front door. Not sure about the other?
07/05/2012 at 12:32

I have now ordered these plants, you say potted up can I not plant them straight in to the garden? Which one is a climber?

07/05/2012 at 13:43

@joslow - AllotmentMax got confused when someone mentioend Clematis which was an offer a few mags back. You can pot the plug plants straight out. T&M send them via Jersey so they will take a while (avoid VAT!). The offer this month is <span class="season">

Delphinium Pacific Giants

Digitalis Excelsior

Echinacea Primadonna

Geum Mrs Bradshaw

Lavender Hidcote

Penstemon Tubular Bells

None of those are climbers. <span class="season">Penstemon is not frost hardy but is perennial so all will grow back (apart from Lavender of course which does not die back - Hidcote makes a great border hedge plant)

07/05/2012 at 14:14

@blairs thanks for your help.

07/05/2012 at 15:53
Oh yes, sorry to confuse the issue I meant the Clematis and not the perennials from this months mag! Sorry.
08/05/2012 at 11:41

I have ordered this offer but am a little confused. I thought foxgloves were biennials not perrenials. Is there such a thing as a perrenial foxglove?

08/05/2012 at 12:28

Reply to Jock Sporran: I'm sorry you've had trouble accessing the free perennials offer. I've tested the link and found that it's working fine. Try clicking this link directly:

http://www.thompson-morgan.com/GW616

Did you type the link exactly as given, with no spaces? I hope this link works. Do please let me know if you have any further problems.

Daniel
Editor, gardenersworld.com

08/05/2012 at 13:05

I tried the direct link as above, and it worked for me.  Plants on their way - woo hoo !

08/05/2012 at 18:21

I've ordered the perennials too. Don't know where I'm going to put them all but I can't resist a bargain! Like Jock above, I first tried the T&M website and couldn't find it, but when I put the whole web address with the code into the browser (as in hte link above), the offer appeared.

08/05/2012 at 22:48
Green Magpie wrote (see)

I've ordered the perennials too. Don't know where I'm going to put them all but I can't resist a bargain!

Me too...no idea where they are going to go but a bargain is a bargain and it had to be bought.

15/05/2012 at 00:54

Me three.

I've ordered these too, does anyone know how long delivery is?

15/05/2012 at 13:56

Call me a killjoy but isn't it a bit selfish to order things when its apparant from comments on here that people's gardens are already full. These offers are limited, so why can't those people who have a garden full of plants already leave these offers so somebody who is just starting out has more chance of being able to get them.  I wonder how many of these free plants end up just being recycled in the green waste because the recipient can't find a place to put them so they are simply left to wilt and die.  And think about the carbon output in growing and transporting them only to end up on a compost heap.

1 to 20 of 94 messages