Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

thailand

Hi, could someone help identify this plant bought in Thailand 6 months ago --now bigger and getting bigger, maybe a climber???.

• also can I grow from it  and how , best way to look after it, although it seems to be thriving as it is now  23 inches tall, thanks anyone,,.

• Alina WAlina W Posts: 1,445

It looks like it's related to a calathea to me.

In which case, it likes a moist atmosphere, indirect sunlight and a reasonably warm temperature, no lower than 15C. Keep moist but not soggy.

• it looks like something i bought in the supermarket that was going for a song,It likes to be moist and misted and its growing like mad(it recovered from the shop) and I have divided it.but I d.ont know what is called,it is more variegated than yours but I have to say yours looks really happy.image

• lisa69lisa69 Posts: 119

Hi Joseph

its an Aglaonema I think heres some info

http://www.aglaonemas.com/

could be wrong but thats what it looks like to me image

• ThaiGerThaiGer Posts: 165

Hello Joseph, as an aglaonema the leafs are not enough narrow, slim, no end in a point.  And as a  calathea the leafs have not the typical cleft on the stork. Maybe somewhere I see later a sample. Sorry, but at this momend I have no idea...,ThaiGer.