Start a new thread

161 to 176 of 176 replies

Hi Stephen and Peter

Thank you for your comments. I am very sorry that both of you have encountered disappointment with your recent deliveries. I will ensure all of your comments on passed on to our Despatch Team so they can liaise with our Couriers.

Unfortunately with plants we have to grow to order so we cannot guarantee delivery within one day but once your order has left our nurseries we always endeavor to delivery live plants as quickly and safely as possible.

If your plants have been affected but the delivery please do let me know and I will be happy to help.

Thanks

Natalie

P.S Peter, I have passed your comments on to Elliot who said thank you for your kind words :D

Thanks Natalie for replying. I have had a conversation with the Customer Care Team today and apparently the first delivery due on 3 March was 'Returned to Sender' due to the package being damaged in Transit. The second delivery was 'Returned to sender' yesterday 16 March but no one knows why.  ??? Surely HERMES should be able to state why?? You are now sending me a 3rd delivery which I am assured will arrive by next Friday - yet another week away. I am told that if this delivery is not successful you will have to refund my money and cannot attempt delivery again. Someone needs to give HERMES as serious boot up the backside. Next Friday will be 24th March. I ordered the Chempak on 26th Feb. On line orders from most organisations are delivered within a couple of days at the most and the current arrangement for delivery is letting you down badly.My order reference for what it is worth is W7238292. I have wasted so much time trying to find out what has been going on and I am desperate for the Chempak to make up my seed compost. I think the very least you should do is refund my money anyway as well as ensuring I get the 3rd attempt at delivery.

Regards

Steve

Thompson Morgan says:

Unfortunately with plants we have to grow to order so we cannot guarantee delivery within one day but once your order has left our nurseries we always endeavor to delivery live plants as quickly and safely as possible.

See original post

What?! 'Grow to order'?  Plants take weeks, months, years to grow  so what does 'grow to order'  actually mean?  Don't you plan ahead like everyone else?

I have bought online from other suppliers and they deliver promptly, within a few days. 

Hi Stephen252,

I'm sorry about the issues you've been experiencing with this order.

I've now private messaged you regarding compensation for the inconvenience.

My best regards,

Richard

Thompson Morgan says:

Hi Stephen and Peter

Thank you for your comments. I am very sorry that both of you have encountered disappointment with your recent deliveries. I will ensure all of your comments on passed on to our Despatch Team so they can liaise with our Couriers.

Thanks

Natalie

P.S Peter, I have passed your comments on to Elliot who said thank you for your kind words :D

See original post

no worries, it wasnt his fault and he assured me replacements would be sent asap so no long term damage done, still no sign of them so I guess there are just AWOL. 

As-long as replacements arrive in the next few weeks then I`m happy :) 

Advertisement

Ok, so the replacement Fushia Royal collection turned up (T13369549) on friday, I potted straight away into a decent potting compost and watered (looked a touch dry) paid £15 including delivery

I`ve got to say I`m really disappointed :( 

10 "postiplugs" about 1" high, 4 out of the 10 already have died, leaves dropped off and left with a withering ever growing brown middle. 

a few days earlier Petunia Amore Queen of Hearts arrived (T13375308) 1 had shriveled in the post, potted on the rest after watering etc. 

again 10 "postiplugs" about 1" high. Very sorry looking plugs. 

being brutally honest, I wont be purchasing posti plugs ever again, they just arent value for money considering loss and the incredibly small size of them v`s what I can get from a GC using the Kindergarden plugs (at least 4-5 times the size) for £1 each. 

I will continue to get my seed from T&M as the range is brilliant and great value but seriously let down over this. 

Using the order ref above you can see I`m still buying seeds (where and when I`m going to grow I`ve no idea as already out of room lol)

Cheers

Peter

Hi,

I placed an order for all season raspberries on 21st Feb to arrive by end of March.

On the 25th March I received a despatch notice saying to allow 4 days and there is still no sign of them.

No raspberries and no notice through the door.

I sent an email yesterday and expected a response by today. Taking money well in advance in good faith and then not fulfilling the obligation should be high up on the priority list I'd have thought.

Please can you look into it?

Order number:

T13464725/W7223404

To Thompson and Morgan 

Try to get your attention on here as no joy on your customer service 

Been doing many orders of your site seeds are a good price  , good germination rate , but your customer service is absolutely rubbish been email your customer service and not getting anywhere REF TM1623241X

If you could sort it out .

Thompson and Morgan WASTE of time after 2 weeks got email of them telling me what I told them in my email . Absolutely madness .

Hi again, I spoke to someone who offered me a refund or sending a replacement - it hasn't arrived.

It was implied that the original order would turn up but be unfit to plant. They haven't. I'm doubting they were ever sent and I'm being decieved.

They we're bareroot and I'm doubting I could plant them out  anyway. Surely there is a reason they don't send out bare roots by April.

Any help? Order number still the same from when you ignored me the first time I posted.

In my experience they just tell you anything if you do get a reply .

The helpful herpetologist

For the sake of balance, I feel obliged to highlight that I have used T&M 6 times this year and on each occasion have had good service. Prior to that I have had one bad, wilted set of plugs but was provided with a better set quite promptly. Sending plants through the mail is bound to be fraught with potential difficulties and damage is one of these. I don't mind getting the odd bad plant every now and then so long as its relatively easy to get a replacement and as long as the ratio of good to bad orders is very much weighted towards the former. 

Just received 36 dried out plugs but not surprising really when they were suposedly posted on the 6th April.  Still no rely from customer service. This is the second time I have had problems recently after relatively good service in the past. 

Don't think I will be using again especially as I have read that they have been taken over by BVG who have no gardening who have no plant background.

Foolishly I went and order a big bunch of plants from T&M trusting their false advertising and now am extremely disappointed with the service and the plants. I work a lot and don't have a car so for me, it looked like an ideal service as I can't easily visit an actual garden centre.

"Garden ready" is BS! They send you miniature half dead plants that look as if they were stolen from your neighbour's house and no surprise in that since they have been in the MAIL for days. Who the h*** sends live flowers by mail?! They say "don't worry, just water them and they'll be fine" yeah in like three years maybe if they don't die before that.

I was willing to pay the extra price as I thought that the plants would be nice, big and ready to bloom when they arrived (my idea of garden ready) and instead found myself with a bunch of green weed-like plants nowhere close to what I imagined. Might as well bought everything from Poundland at least I wouldn't have spent so much money!

Also, for the SECOND TIME I received a substituted item that I DIDN'T AGREE ON with a stupid voucher and an apology note that might as well been written on toilet paper for what it was worth. It was a piece of paper torn out from an A4 and photocopied so many times that the writing was bearly visible.

Delivery: If you buy more than one plant/item you will most likely get each one delivered separately. So, if like me you work all day that is just a big problem. Also, T&M was trying to joke with me saying it delivered 70 litres of soil and left it on my front porch at FORTY MINUTES PAST MIDNIGHT. Ah, also I forgot to mention, I DON'T HAVE A FRONT PORCH! My door goes directly on the street so I decided to call customer service and let them know a piece of my mind.
After 15 MINUTES hanging on the phone finally, someone picked it up.
Fortunately, the lady in customer service was quite friendly (she was new probably!) and as me, she was perplexed by the odd "night delivery".
With some luck, I finally was "resend" the soil and got it delivered not at night.

Another fun fact: I bought from T&M a "large plant" -that no, it's nothing close to being big- of Lavanda for £14.99. Got half dried thing with not even the shadow of a bloom. Accidentally I ended up at Morrisons and found a Lavanda pot called small that is the exact same size as the "large pot" for the beauty of five - FIVE QUID- with beautiful green leaves and in full bloom. FIVE QUID!

Moral of the story: DON'T BUY AT THOMPSON & MORGAN go to Sainsbury's, Morrisons and Poundland and get a better deal if you don't have any garden centre close to you!

Last edited: 29 April 2017 12:03:15

Margaret - there is an earlier thread on this forum re the poor customer service from T&M. You should be able to find it via the Search facility.

There appeared to be a CS operator who responded fairly positively to complaints and undertook to deal with them swiftly.  Can't recall his name - just that he was "on duty" at weekends.  Other than that, I believe some people found complaining via Facebook tended to get a quicker response to their complaints.

Hope this helps before you go into complete meltdown 

Advertisement

I have used T&M for very many years, dozens of years and am very disappointed at the lack of response from customer services. No response to e mails and no-one answers the phone. I am waiting for gloves, since 17th april. T13803859

What is the point of a glossy catalogue if the backup is very lacking. I want the gloves or a refund but stop hanging onto my money. Phone calls are adding up to a lot of money but social media is free, thank goodness