41 to 47 of 47 messages
16/07/2012 at 12:53

Forgot the photo, sorry - and now it doesn't want to show the photo! Back to the plant books, I guess! Oh - think it's done it this time Sorry if it's huge - took it with my phone.

22/07/2012 at 21:11
Thugs in the garden? Never put artimesia limelight in the garden. You will never get rid of it. Euphorbia griffithi, houttynia chameleon are the same as are many grasses. I have learned to grow the better behaved varieties of these plants
20/08/2014 at 16:00

New garden........ overtaken by lily of the valley, bloomin' spanish bluebells and horrible dusky dirty pink grannies bonnets!! Lots have been removed (didn't realise how deeply aquilega could root - I've had an easier time removing the occasional dandelion) ......... as has an astilbe which I absolutely hate with a vengeance.

I've actually just sent a query to GW about pheasant berry as I want it (them) in my back garden............ I don't mind pulling up when necessary. Have discovered one shrub growing at the top end of the valley but haven't seen any seedlings around anywhere.............

Oh and Japanese Anemone I love so much I've planted another two............ so glad I didn't destroy it when I thought it was lavatera

20/08/2014 at 17:55

houttynia chameleon, that creeping miniature violet, a nettle like thing with a horrible smell, macleaya cordata, rhus typhina sending up suckers everywhere - I could go on!

20/08/2014 at 18:05

I'd certainly add the common Celandine and Butterbur......neither of which I planted but someone did

20/08/2014 at 18:25

And of course a valerian - not the common officianalis - which grows about 3 feet and seeds everywhere! And the perennial sweet pea coming up all over the shop - took the weedkiller to that this year..............

20/08/2014 at 21:03

I  left houttynia chameleon at the last house I owned thank god, but I inherited Jap Anenome - I hate it.  Cant get rid of the stuff and next door has got it now so even though I try my best to dig it all up the damn thing returns from next door.  The other thing is comfrey, hate that too, I havent planted it but baby plants keep turning up everwhere like a bad penny.

email image
41 to 47 of 47 messages