London (change)
Today 22°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 26°C / 15°C
19 messages
21/08/2013 at 09:51

I need Help maybe this post should be on seed share ??

I’m looking for today but can’t find any suppliers that sell these so I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction or has some I could buy. I been to the RHS Plant Selector and this shows one supplier but when I visit their web site there is no listing for this plant.

Help please I am willing to buy and even wait until cutting can be made in the spring 

Also I’m looking for magenta and white Pericallis CV picture can be scanned if required of both plants

I have my fingers crossed

James

21/08/2013 at 09:56

Why is it displaying a dash between todays mission  I didn't put it in there ??

James

21/08/2013 at 10:06

The dashes are new thing made by the techies, don't know what the point is, but all headings are like this now.

21/08/2013 at 10:25

Spoon Daisy , AKA whirligigs 

James

21/08/2013 at 12:56

you might be able to get osteospermum whirligig in the spring when the garden centre have plug plants in.

21/08/2013 at 14:23

Thank you Fidget I will keep my eye out for this 

James

21/08/2013 at 19:54

There or should i say which nursery is likely to stock Osteospermum whirligig 

best wishes James

21/08/2013 at 20:32

Hiya clueless.  I used to grow this osteospermum....I.e. the white one...but just grow the purple and pink ones now for my hardy varieties.

However, a nursery fairly local to me.....cross common nursery at the Lizard in Cornwall does grow this.  I almost bought some in the spring but went for a variegated version, viz., Gweek variegated, instead.  This has the same white spoon petalled flowers but on beautiful green and white foliage.  

I don't know if this nursery does mail order....I,think it may do.....but come next spring I should be able to get a plant and maybe post it to you.  Find out first if they do mail order though first,ok? 

The osteospermum you are after is hardy down here but prob not where you are.  No prob though cos they root very easily from cuttings that can be over wintered in GH.

21/08/2013 at 22:03

Verdun you are a star next time im in your neck of the woods we will have to have a coffee and a chat 

I go to cornwall most years camping love it 

we are going camping this weekend to devon some where sun holiday 9.50 weekend break

James

21/08/2013 at 23:40

Let me know if you contact cross common nursery.  But we'll  get your plant!

26/08/2013 at 12:45

Verdun sorted your suggesting of cross-common nursery paid off and they do mail orders thanks

James

26/08/2013 at 12:45

to Buy in the spring

26/08/2013 at 12:58

Well done James.  It's a brilliant little nursery with so many "gems"

02/10/2013 at 09:42

Just keeping this alive so I don’t loss the nursery name I suppose I should write it down in my new A4 yearly planner/diary bought from the pound shop

In fact that’s what I’m going to do today write my want list down.

James

15/01/2014 at 09:14

Just put my inquiry in writing to the garden center you suggested Verdun

looking forward to their reply

Clueless

05/02/2014 at 12:32

Woohoo

I just ordered my Osteospermum whirligig of which it should arrive early march

6 of at £4 each now where should I put them

anyway here is a Photo of what they look like

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/37043.jpg?width=591&height=350&mode=max

it's been a long long waiting game

Clueless

05/02/2014 at 13:16

I'm glad you got them , James.

05/02/2014 at 13:31

Well done clueless.

I can tell you they look just as good in the garden, if not better esp when the sun is shining.  The hotter the weather the more these "smile". 

Can I suggest you delay plantIng until early spring?  And they like it dry and in as much sun as possible but water in well initially. Some people think such hot plants don't  need watering but they do need to be to get established quickly.  

Love most  of the osteospermums.

Cuttings are very, very easy too.  I take them from spring to autumn but if you take them early they will root and make good size plants by autumn.  

05/02/2014 at 15:22

What would you think would work or should I say what would look good growing along side the whirligig.

I've also bought some Scaevola Zig Zag what would look good next to these

Clueless

email image
19 messages