Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

tonights beechgrove, red hot pokers.

fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

Does anyone have any idea of what variety the red hot pokers in the seaside garden are.? They are about six foot high. They said they are fed on bio waste, but the variety must have something to do with it. I saw some huge ones at Harlow Carr on  year, I couldn't find out what variety they were either.

• a1154a1154 Posts: 1,108

Im interested too, they were massive!

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

Having trawled the internet, I think they must be Kniphofia uvaria "Nobilis" It seems the only one to grow to 2m. Quite a few sources but the postage is excessive. It may have to wait for a bit. I put it on the list.

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

fidget - would the info be on the factsheet? You can subscribe to that.

I'll take a look and see if there's any good info there. image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...

Doesn't give the plant names for that garden unfortunately - just the plants in the main features at Beechgrove.

Do you just have  a  'Private - No Admittance' sign Verd, or do you have a more threatening 'Trespassers will be Slaughtered' one?  image

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

Does anyone else have a problem with blue tits decimating the flowers? They pull off each floret one by one.