Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Too much ginger

ThaiGerThaiGer Posts: 165

Hello gardener, last week was our big surprise, when we saw so many wild ginger flowers under the bamboos. This ginger has never been growing by us, but every year new ginger in other places is growing allone. Now, we have a lot to harvest, as well as to the rejoicing in the flowers. I think that ginger is cultivated in some U.S. States also in the gardens outside and in the UK in pots? We like to cook with ginger, more than looking at the healthy benefits. If you like, have a look at this article on my website:Ginger (incl.recipe) and for the different flower pictures in my album here (Password ThaiGer). Organic greetings, ThaiGer

"To know what we know, and know what we do not know, that is understanding."(Confucius) Eco Thai German Farm , Farmersvoice

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,032

How lucky you are to grow ginger. It is too cold here, I tried growing some in the greenhouse but it was very small.

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • ThaiGerThaiGer Posts: 165

Hi, have a look at HERE, best regards and good luck, ThaiGer

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,032

Thank you, ThaiGer. I think I'll try it in the Spring. It was -9° outside this morning and my house is quite cool at night. We light the woodburning stoves in the morning.

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • I would love to grow ginger. I managed to get some leaves last year as I did lemongrass but then they all died off. I guess they are maybe to exotic for Scotland lolimage