London (change)
Today 15°C / 12°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 12°C
5 messages
10/06/2012 at 21:19
10/06/2012 at 21:22

Sorry, your question isn't showing?

10/06/2012 at 21:38
Oops not sure what I did wrong there!! I grew tulips in pots for the first time this year and am not sure what I do with them from now on. I saw Monty take his out of the pots to dry on Friday's programme. Do I need to bring them inside ( I don't have a greenhouse) and how are they best stored - will the shed be ok? Also can they be replanted in pots for next year or do they need to go into the ground?
10/06/2012 at 21:51

Let the leaves die down and then dig them out and let them dry off thoroughly, then store somewhere like a dry shed, hanging in nets (mice love them).

You can re-plant into pots or the garden but, if the tulips that you grew were fancy ones, the chances are that you won't get many flowers next year - they need to be treated as one-off displays. If they were the plainer tulips though, the chances are that you will be OK.

10/06/2012 at 22:13
Thanks for the advice. I'll try hanging them in the shed. I,ve got two cats so hopefully the mice won't get a look in. I'll try them in the pots again as they are fairly plain.
email image
5 messages