Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 85 replies

Lyn

They are all beautiful BM and Beau is such a poser.

Beaus Mum

Cheers Lyn 

your mums foxgloves will be out next 

Lovely. Over half of mine have come up blind this year. Not to sure why but maybe they are just getting old as been in several years.

This was yesterday. 

They come up every year and increase. 

Thompson & Morgan were selling perennial tulips four years ago.

i think they are Darwin hybrids, lovely show.

Advertisement

Mine are really disappointing this year, for the first time. I got 3 good years i think but ill have to get more  in for next spring. 

With tulips, when they've died down dig them up and save the biggest bulbs, That way they should flower next year.

Copperdog

Lovely Tulips and Beau is a real beauty too!

BM, yes lovely tulips.

Mark56

What beauties you have there! Are they all in their first year? Your front garden looks so tranquil and inviting, made even better with a slobbery wash from Beau 

Beaus Mum

Thank you everyone and thank you Valerie for sharing yours too, I'm well into orange this year 

yes they are all first year but only cheap so very pleased.

Mark when you pass by you are more than welcome to pop in.  Beau would love to slobber your lovely woofie 

Beaus Mum

Oh how rude of me! Copper dog and Logan and your lovely woofies are welcome too! It's just I know Mark not too far from me 

Not so sunny today so they are hiding a bit.  

Hadnt planned on the red ones from last year making such an appearance...

Happy with the new border, still more coming up:

Didnt think these purissima would do as well this year:

Front garden still has a lot of catching up to do:

BobTheGardener

Here are a few of mine including some little species tulips:

1Runnybeak1

Ooohh what beauties.  I love Tulips.

BM.   What a glorious display.  It only seems 2 mins ago that Beaus was waiting for them to bloom.   

All your tulips are gorgeous.    Love them all.  

Mine are a real disappointment this year.  Last year they were so showy.   Now I'm going to adopt the method of buy, plant, flower and dump to ensure a good display the following Spring.   

I will look out for those Perennial Tulips tho.  

Last edited: 10 April 2017 19:24:14

Advertisement

Beaus Mum

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous Andy and Bob 😍🌷😍🌷😍

Thank you Runny, the ones I have from last year are slowly coming through (they are in the ground) so maybe colder? But the heads def look smaller and ones in back garden not opening at all yet.

in what way are yours disappointing? Smaller blooms? Less blooms?

1Runnybeak1

Sorry BM.   Just come back on here to have a look. 

Mine are disappointing in that most are just floppy leaves, some haven't appeared at all and the ones that have the heads are a lot smaller.  My Parrot ones haven't appeared at all.      As I said I'm going to buy, plant and dump.  Buy fresh every Autumn.  Well worth it for a gorgeous display don't you think ?  

Beaus Mum
1Runnybeak1 says:

Sorry BM.   Just come back on here to have a look. 

Mine are disappointing in that most are just floppy leaves, some haven't appeared at all and the ones that have the heads are a lot smaller.  My Parrot ones haven't appeared at all.      As I said I'm going to buy, plant and dump.  Buy fresh every Autumn.  Well worth it for a gorgeous display don't you think ?  

See original post

Such a shame Runny  they were lovely last year x yes I think it's well worth buying new ones every autumn, they don't have to be exspensive 

catherine they look beautiful  you are well good at throwing 

Beaus Mum

Oh Catherine I am sorry I read your post wrong and thought you said throwing not growing