Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Tulipa 'Spring Green'

AliPAliP Posts: 64

I saw this in Parker's bulb catalogue and amongst other bulbs thought I would have to try it (bulb catalogue is abit like being in a sweet shop!). It's in flower now but I am disappointed to see that there is a pink flush to the white parts of the petals.  Has anyone had similar problems with this cultivar? www.alisonpike.com/blog/

• jude5jude5 Posts: 65

I've got 'Spring Green' Ali, and there's no pink on them at all, almost wish there was, I'm afraid I've got a bit bored with them! Mind you, there are only a few in a small bed, probably look a lot better en masse.

• AliPAliP Posts: 64

Thanks Jude, just noticed this morning that there seems to be one that is just white and green.  I think I will be getting in touch with supplier!  Hopefully I won't get bored of mine, they are in pots at the moment but I'm creating a green garden so will be going into that... hence the reason I'm getting fussy about the bit of pink!

• BookertooBookertoo Posts: 1,306

I'm afraid that the purveyor of your bulbs is not always the most truthful in their description of the plants they sell.  For this reason, among several others, that particular catalogue gets binned upon arrival - there are far better and exciting bulb sellers out there.  I don't think I am allowed to say their names, but a quick search at the back of any good grdening magazine will give you a list of those you might like to try. 

• AliPAliP Posts: 64

Thanks bookertoo, I will be getting in touch with them to see what they have to say and then I will try some different suppliers! On the plus side I don't dislike the flowers I have they are just not what I wanted.

• Gold1locksGold1locks Posts: 498

Bookertoo - 

there are far better and exciting bulb sellers out there.  I don't think I am allowed to say their names, 

I am not sure what you are / are not allowed to do on this site. I often post a link to a commercial site where it helps answer a question, including ones where someone is trying to find a plant or garden tool. I can't find a link to site policy. Do you know if there is one?