Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 23 replies

Snoopydoy

Hello Forum,

I moved into my house in December 2011 and descovered this plant in the undergrowth. So far no flowers have been produced to give me a clue as to what it will be. Can anyone help?

nutcutlet

Hi Snoopy.

That's a very small image. Have you got anything a bit bigger?

ThaiGer

Hi, please show the leafes on the basis (old leaf) and the new yellow too.Thanks.

sotongeoff

Looks a bit camellia -ish??

Snoopydoy

Same pics but bigger I hope. I thought Camelia but without flowers to help I'm stuck. When do camelias flower?

Advertisement

sotongeoff

Around now-those picture are no better-we cannot zoom in on them

Snoopydoy

I put the iphone down and went back to using the camera. Hope these are better

Matty2

Although it looks camellia-ish I don't think it is. The shoots are wrong, of course I may be wrong (wouldn't be the first time)

This is my young camellia do you see what I mean?

I gues  it could be a different variety

sotongeoff

That is better-still think camellia-though my record on ids is not good

My guess the reason it hasn't flowered it has been swamped and not had enough light.

Are you going to keep it-whatever it is?

figrat

Yes they are! I can see why you're thinking camellia, but I'm not sure. Looks very healthy though!

sotongeoff

Alternative guess-could be escallonia??

Lilylouise

A viburnum tinus,maybe ?

Pam LL x

nutcutlet

Or one of the evergreen honeysuckles

sotongeoff
cherry red wrote (see)

fushia?

No-definitely-would not be in leaf now anyway

Advertisement

Snoopydoy

Its staying whatever it turns out to be. Somone before me chose it for their garden and the roses here are brill so I'll wait to see what comes. Many thaks for all your input xx

nutcutlet

Let us know won't you Snoopydoy

Snoopydoy

Definitely, with pictures

Matty2

Hi - just posted this once -

Have just come back from a GC trip and I aw a shrub (evergreen ) which I think is yours. I was very excited when I saw it, I didn't write down the variety but the genus was Crataegus (hope i've spelt it correctly)

ThaiGer

sorry, Rosa, I've looked at some species of this family, everyone have different leaves fron the bush above. For camellia also the leaves from bush above are to "soft" . I have no idea now...