Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Watching seedlings grow

Thought it would be nice to have a thread where we could all up load pics of our seedlings, sure it great seeing other forum members seedlings

It is really exciting seeing seedlings pop up and every time I sow seeds it is always brilliant seeing that they have germinated  

So here is the pics of mine

Really like the leaves of the Morning glory star of yelta

Delphinium blue bird

grass

Celery has now been pricked out into bigger pots

So add your pics of seedlings for all to see

Hampshire Gardener

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Too early here to sow much but have a few bits and pieces

Canna from Hostafan

Purple toadflax from Fishy

Lavender from Archiepem

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• TesniTesni Posts: 163

Oooh, great idea!  I'm planting seeds for the first time this year; it's so exciting to see them popping up. Interesting to see what your Poached Egg plant and Morning Glory seedlings look like - I'll be planting some of those in the near future. They look interesting.

Here are mine:

Gerbera:

Foxglove (tiny little things!):

Hollyhock:

Knautia:

Larkspur:

Lupins - these got big and sturdy quite quickly:

and my little Cherry Tomato plants:

7' miscanthus

Borage from my seeds, leggy, I know but will get repotted up to the shoulders

Minute Lobelia.

Various tomato plants from various people, cant think off hand, green zebra from Gran, thank you to everyone who sent seeds to me.

• GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 2,286

Great idea Gardengirl image

Foxgloves (started them in January)

Tomatoes

Lobelia

Peppers, aubergine, cabbage and brussels - put tomorrow aside for a big potting on session image

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 8,352

Oh I am soooo jealous. I am just itching to start sowing but dare not do so until we get back from hols - they would either be dried out or beyond the pricking out stage.image

I have to keep reminding myself there is still a lot of time until summer & I don't usually sow too much before the end of March. 

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 4,172

Really is great seeing others seedlings and what they look like 

Tesni  I have Larkspur to sow - did you need to put them into somewhere cold first or do they just grow fine in indoor temps?

GemmaJF your Lobelia look fab when did you sow yours?   I want to buy some seeds now,  When I sowed them a few years ago I pricked them all out individually did not know they are best in a group of seedlings

Lyn  your  7' miscanthus look brill - with grass do you keep the grass altogether or plant on as individuals?  not sure what to do with mine,  like the little tiny seedling popping up in your lobelia   

Hampshire Gardener
  • TesniTesni Posts: 163

Hi Gardengirl, no I didn't put the Larkspur seeds somewhere cold first - I just treated them the same as all the others. 

Sowed my lobelia on Valentine's Day, so they have had about one month. They do seem to do best in groups image

Gardengirl, I have never grown the grass before, but I think you put them out separately. I must have a read up on them,

Gemma, when you come to pot your tomato seedlings on, will you plant up to their shoulders?

Your foxgloves are gorgeous, just ready to plant out in the Autumn.

I don't know about potting on the tomatoes Lyn, should I plant them to the shoulders? It is my first time with them. All I really know so far is they seem to be growing very quickly and I bring them out of the porch at night to keep them warm.