London (change)
Today 27°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 26°C / 17°C
101 to 120 of 124 messages
23/10/2013 at 17:06

Hi everyone it's Paige Lazar here, I'm from Australia and working in an organization which works on the wildlife. Anyway I join this forum because most of the material here is quite interested i find this really amazing i hope we guys spend good time here.

18/11/2013 at 08:09

Advertising cadeezra?

22/11/2013 at 14:01
22/11/2013 at 14:07

Understandably the link has been removed. If you search 'Plantable Paper' in Kickstarter you will see how it works! Thanks again.

01/02/2014 at 03:20

I have a four year old rhododendron which is in a large pot in acid compost.  This year it has four flower buds on every terminal, which is a record for this plant, but unfortunately it is drooping it's leaves (not through lack of water I assure you) the leaves are not floppy but quite firm and mid green.  It has never had dark leaves,  I think it is Mrs Lewinsky.  Pink with a maroon splash in the centre. Can you tell me if this is likely to be an attack of vine weevil and if so what to do about it? 

Many thanks

30/03/2014 at 15:30

I would like recommendation, on plants that would suit a wet/shady area.  

08/04/2014 at 15:59

Hello, everyone! Thank you for creating such useful thread!

before i bumped on it, I thought that the most mysterious plant was wild orchid, which i ordered at megaflowers for my mom!but now i fullfill my knowledge, thank you a lot

21/04/2014 at 13:33

I have had this herb for years.  It's moved with me numerous times and I have no idea what it is.  Very hardy, woody stems, soft grey-green feathery foliage, very aromatic.  Anyone who touches it asks 'what is

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/42901.jpg?width=384&height=350&mode=max

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/42902.jpg?width=384&height=350&mode=max

it?'  I have lots of herbs all instantly recognisable but not this one.  I did see one speciman once a few years ago on a herb stall at Dorchester market and wrote the name on a piece of paper!!!!  Guess what!

21/04/2014 at 14:13

Same as my bits of paper.

I think that's Artemesia abronatum, lad's love and many other names

If not, its Artemesia something else, there are several shrubby ones

21/04/2014 at 14:16

It looks like a shrubby plant I used to have, common name Lads Love although I don't know why. The Latin name is Artemesia I believe. Hope this helps put you on track.

21/04/2014 at 14:27

I don't know why lads love either Bilje. There's nothing romantic or erotic about that smell.

21/04/2014 at 18:22

Hi Nut we crossed in the ether earlier. It was a strewing herb apparently can't say it's one I'd have liked on my cottage floor, I'll stick with shake n vac, that shows my age doesn't it!. Apparently a tea can be made from the shoot tips but I couldn't fancy that either. I don't have a plant any longer but I recall one in my aunts garden when I was a child. It was she who first got me interested in gardening so it always reminds me fondly of her

21/04/2014 at 18:51

Hi Bilje

I have grown this but don't seem to have one at the moment. They do have nostalgia value and when you get to my age that's very good 

I'll look out for one or a cutting from someone

25/04/2014 at 11:26

I am a young but enthusiastic garder, are there any tips out there for making the most of my garden this summer??  http://headgardener.net/

16/05/2014 at 13:58

We don't do free ads here HBW

22/06/2014 at 19:51
DorsetUK wrote (see)

I have had this herb for years.  It's moved with me numerous times and I have no idea what it is.  Very hardy, woody stems, soft grey-green feathery foliage, very aromatic.  Anyone who touches it asks 'what is it?'  I have lots of herbs all instantly recognisable but not this one.  I did see one speciman once a few years ago on a herb stall at Dorchester market and wrote the name on a piece of paper!!!!  Guess what!

We call it Southernwood up here.

08/07/2014 at 11:23

My perennial wallflowers have flowered profusely since the January but are now beginning to fade Can I cut them back now to make the patch a bit tidier, or do I just leave them? Could I please have some advice?

08/07/2014 at 11:34

Hi Jill 

Yes, you can trim them back to tidy them - I'd use the opportunity to take some cuttings as they're not long-lived plants - they'll root easily at this time of year.  More information here http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/plants/perennial-wallflower/78527.html 

If you need more information create a new thread (button towards the top right of the page) and put the name of the plant in the title.

Hope that helps 

17/07/2014 at 01:44

Hi there, I just joined the forum. I am from New Zealand and at the moment living in the sub tropics of Queensland Australia. 

Here I have to deal with temps above 30C for most of the year, high humidity and either long periods of drought or flooding rain.

I really envy all the beautiful UK gardens, full of plants I can only dream about, still its mid winter and have self sewn tomatoes everywhere, picking about a bucket every second day, not bad as they are growing in stones around our pool area!

17/07/2014 at 10:02

Hi Rosieprimrose - temps here in the UK are hitting 30C this week - BBQs are being lit, paddling pools filled and ice creams licked.

Doubtless we will have thunderstorms at the weekend! 

101 to 120 of 124 messages